xxɪ. never "you proof"

TWENTY-ONE‧₊˚

never "you proof"

"i needed it"

ੈ✩‧₊˚

     "I'm sorry people keep upsetting you tonight" Tristan mutters to me as we sit on mine and Maddy's bed. The boy told her we just needed to talk for a moment, and that I didn't feel like being around a ton of people right now.

"Nobody's made me upset" I respond, playing with the fabric of the duvet. My outburst from earlier had me sort of embarrassed, but Tristan never said anything was wrong with it.

"I have?" He questions, almost like it was obvious or something.

"Of course not" I tell him, kinda astonished that he could even think that. In all honestly, I don't think Tristan could ever actually get me mad.

"I'm sorry I yelled around you, I never get angry like that, I promise" I inform him, making him sort of scrunch up his eyebrows and ignore my apology.

"You don't get angry?"

"What's the point? It does no good at the end of the day. Just going around shouting and throwing stuff isn't gonna fix everything" I explain to him my thoughts on it, and he still seems confused.

"Jesus Christ you and Miguel truly are polar opposites. Shit- I didn't mean to bring him up" Tristan covers his mouth like he had just committed the greatest sin of all time.

"It's alright, I should probably go apologize for yelling at him anyway" I remind him and he immediately shakes his head with a sigh.

"Eh maybe he needed it"

"Don't be so mean" I say whilst throwing a pillow at him, getting up from my spot on the bed.

     When I stepped out the back door, there was truly no sign of Miguel anywhere. At first I figured he could be just a little ways down the beach or something, hanging out on his own. But that didn't seem to be the case.

"Miguel?" I called out in the darkness, since I had forgot my phone inside the house and couldn't use a flashlight. 

The first time I called for him I wasn't that nervous, but by the fifth time I was truly terrified. The houses around here are spread out very well, so it wasn't like I could ask someone if they saw him. Plus my anxiety started to hit the roof, making everything more intense than it probably was.

"Miguel? Please, where are you? I didn't mean to yell I promise.. I'm so sorry" I call out, a little bit of moonlight shiningonmy path now. That was when I noticed a body laying flat out on the sand, nearly making my heart jump out of my chest.