34. family ties

Kataya

Slowly and groggily Kataya opens her eyes to the sunlight peeking through the long curtains covering the tall windows in the penthouse suite master bedroom

Slowly and groggily Kataya opens her eyes to the sunlight peeking through the long curtains covering the tall windows in the penthouse suite master bedroom. Feeling her heart beating in her head she quickly shuts her eyes again before letting out a low groan of disgust.

"Not me hungover...." She mumbles to herself as rubs her temples to try and relieve the pain a bit. A few minutes pass and she's able to bring gather enough strength to search for her phone. She grabs the device and moves as quickly as her weak body will allow her to into the bathroom to relieve herself. Kataya searches through her missed calls, text and notifications before locking the device and wiping herself clean. She brushes her teeth, washes her face and manages to pull her messy red curls up into a bun to keep them out of her way.

As she steps back into the bedroom Kataya grabs one of the white plush robes from the floor, this one in particular smelling of a vaguely familiar cologne. she can hear talking coming from down the hall in the living area. Kataya raises one of her perfectly arched brows wondering who the two voices belonged to. Since for the past two nights she had only been sharing a room and bed with Saint. While tying the robe around her frame she cracks the door open and heads down the hall quietly to get a glimpse at who was speaking.

"Save some for Kataya nigga damn." Saint says.

"Save some for you for what? You forgot you she don't even like pineapple? And that's supposed to be yo fiance? Nigga I'm embarrassed for you." Psalm laughs as he piles another pineapple on to his plate of fruit.

"I have one slip up and you swear I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. Still a hating ass nigga I see."

"Don't get mad at me cause you slipping. Wouldn't be me though." Psalm shrugs.

"Aight pipe down little nigga." Saint laughs.

Kataya looks at the scene taking place in front of her in confusion. Had she stepped into a twilight zone where the twins were not only on speaking terms again, but were able to sit down and have breakfast with one another without wanting to choke the other one? Kataya shakes her head and steps back to keep from making her presence known. Raking her brain to try and remember what happened the night before.

"Ima go check and see if she still sleeping." She hears Saint say.

In a flash she quietly darts back down the hall and shuts the door softly. She hops into bed , regretting it as soon as she did since her head was still hurting thanks to her hangover. Kataya pulls the covers over her head right as Saint opens the door and step inside.

"I know you not still sleeping Kat." Saint speaks. "I heard you racing back down the hall when i got up from the table. You really think you slick huh?"

Kataya's face turns red from embarrassment and she removes the covers from her head. As her eyes meet Saints a wide smile spreads across the both of their faces. She removes the covers from her body and crawls over to where he stood at the foot of the bed. Saint's hand reaches down and gently lifts her chin so she was forced to maintain eye contact with him. He licks over his lips before leaning in to place a kiss on hers. His tongue enters her mouth without asking or needing permission. Kataya moans out into the kiss, loving the way he tasted.