25. moving forward

Saint

"You know what you should be looking at?" Demitri says to Saint while smacking on a bag of lays

"You know what you should be looking at?" Demitri says to Saint while smacking on a bag of lays. "Ankle bracelets. The bitches love that shit."

"Kataya ain't a bitch. And nah... we past that phase anyway. I'm tryna get her jewelry that means something now." Saint replies with his eyes still scanning through every ring in the enclosed glass box.

"So, so, so... you tryna get married my guy?" Demitri stutters making Saint laugh lowly.

"I told you that." Saint chuckles. "Fuck you acting ao surprised for?"

"I ain't think you was serious. I just thought you was pussy whipped that day and it was gone wear off. Guess I was wrong." He shrugs. "I mean... Kataya cute, she seems like a sweet girl. Her jokes don't hit like she think they do but that's most women though. And she having yo baby? I can see why you wanna marry her."

"Babygirl is funny. Sometimes..." Saint says as he waves over the attendant in the store. "There's so many other reasons why I wanna marry her that you don't even know about."

"This nigga is really in love." Demitri says with a head shake. "Done took my nigga Saint out the game."

"Fuck up." Saint laughs.

"Why you ain't have Psalm come with you to do this? This seems like the dumb shit twins do together."

Saint stands up straight and turns to face his cousin.

"You know me and him ain't speaking for real right now. It's bad enough I gotta get see his hating ass at mama house tomorrow. If I could skip out on this family cookout I would."

"If I gotta go to that shit, so do you. Ain't leaving me there with the aunties." Demitri replies. "Y'all really need to get right. That's yo brother, yo twin nigga. Both y'all acting like some bitches."

"Watch yo mouth ho." Saint says before slapping Demitri in the back of the neck.

"I'm just saying. Can't be letting pussy come between family."

"You hear yoself? It's deeper than that. This is the mother of my child and my future wife... it ain't just pussy no more." Saint says before turning back to face the sales associate. Demitri was beginning to work his nerves trying to get him to see eye to eye with Psalm. All his life he had been the one to mend things when they were broken between he and his brother. With Kataya on his side now, he wasn't reaching out because he didn't have a reason to. Saint had no issue with moving forward without him. Psalm reaching out to Priya just made it easier for him to have Kataya to himself.

"Yeah, let me see these three." Saint says while pointing to the different diamond cut rings in the case. One a princess cut, one a teardrop and the last one a baguette diamond.

"I'm just saying." Demitri responds.

"Nah you tryna get me to reach out to him, but it ain't happening. I got what I want. When that nigga grows up we can talk. But for now, I'm done talking about P, I got more important shit to focus on." Saint says while shooing Demitri away.