29. peace and a whole lotta love

Kataya (3 months)

"Okay... one more because you do not have to look like it stank in here Halo dang..." Kataya says to her son before turning her phone back around to snap another picture. "And if it does stank in here it's because of you stinkabutt."

Halo coos making Kataya smile as she finally gets the picture she had been trying to capture for the last ten minutes.

"Good job Pooh!"

Kataya claps her hands making her son giggle loudly. She scrolls through the photos and picks out the best ones to send to Saint who was still working hard to finish up his film. It was his final week of filming then he would be a free man.

"Let me see my baby." India grins as she steps out into the balcony. "How's granny's sweet baby? Huh?" She speaks softly and sweetly to Halo making his toothless grin grow wider.

Kataya doesn't hesitate to hand him over. Since India was hours away and didn't get to see Halo on the regular like Raji and Yaya did. Kataya agreed to spend the weekend there so India could spoil her grand baby and Kataya could get the rest she needed.

"Did you have any plans for today?" India questions.

"No, not really. We were just gonna hang around here until tomorrow morning when Saint gets off."

"If you wanted to get out you know I'm happy to keep Halo. I think you deserve to have some time to yourself."

"I think I'm alright." Kataya replies with a smile before sipping her lemonade.

"Are you sure? Like completely positive?" India pushes.

"Is there a reason you want me outta here mama India?"

India sighs lowly and clears her throat.

"Psalm is coming by..."

"Oh God." Kataya says. Although they had somewhat made up that didn't mean she wanted to see him or be around him. "When?"

"Now... I'm sorry he usually comes over and helps with the lawn and I told Jeremiah to tell him not to come but he was too busy with that old piece of junk he's trying to restore to do it. Now Psalm is fifteen minutes away...."

Kataya sucks in a deep breath to keep calm. Last time she and Paalm spoke things ended fine so she nods and tries to keep her composure.

"Ima just go and um, use the restroom." Kataya speaks quickly but her feet are moving quicker. Before her sentence was complete she was back inside the home and speed walking to the restroom with her phone in hand. She shuts and locks the door before dialing Yaya's number.

"Yello.

"Bitch, why are you answering the phone like that? You know what never mind we gotta talk."

"What's up?"