9- Threat (Continued)...

His P

His P.O.V.

And again I'm airborne, headed West, inward toward the heart of Neverland. To continue my investigation in Pixie Hollow. The Specials there will not spit riddles. They'll be specific. The fairies, pixies, sprites, and sparrow-men love talking too much. To them my conundrum with the girl will be gossip they can't wait to spill and be apart of. Pixie Hollow is in fact the worst place on Neverland. I have no choice but to tolerate it as it's the actual heart of my land. Pixie Hollow keeps everything in Neverland moving round and round so that the magic in every particle stays alive.

Located in The Forest Ahlve, dead center of Neverland sits the dreadful fairy kingdom. The shield that surrounds it protects its borders in a sphere, stretching over the entire Hollow. A large willow tree, half the size of Hideout, sits in the middle of the sparkling place. It's meant for happy beings, to have happy lives, in a happy environment. Happy tree nymphs, water sprites, sky sprints and such all roam the happy place in a happy peace.
Repulsive.

The entire species is blind to the reality and danger of what's really out there passed Neverland. Inhabited by every strain of fairy and the fairies' weird, inbred cousins, the Pixies. Pixies are the spiteful side of the fairy family. They'll be the ones to skimp the halfwits and cause physical damage with pleasure.

Fairies are weaker. Fairies nurture and are kindhearted. Unlike Pixies, Fairies have wings, as do the Sparrow-men. Whereas Pixies use the magicks of Neverland to fly. All credit given, the Fairies and the Pixies are partial creators of Neverland. Their natural duty to keep magic flowing throughout all life in Neverland by working from the willow tree, whose roots connect to all plant life, makes this their home as much as mine. They do what they love: provide dust.

Many dusts are considered valuable, some precious, few even are so rare they are believed to be myth. The most common and traded as valuable currency among the dusts is Fairy Dust. Simple yellow dust, seen all throughout Neverland, granting gifts of very short, and very low flight as well as enchantment. Found in most flowers, and treetops. It's made right here in the enormous willow tree that sits in the center of the entire island and Pixie Hollow. The willow tree crawls it's way through all Neverland by the roots, thus, fairy dust is everywhere.

Pixie Dust glows green and is only provided when paid off. It is a much stronger magic and not to be tampered with. Only harvested by powerful Pixies called Specials. Pixie Dust has the power to heal and create. It grows in less common flowers and trees, mostly only here in Pixie Hollow. As powerful as Pixie Dust may be, it is child's play compared to Star Dust or even more rare, Cosmo Dust. The dusts from the universe itself is something not even I would play with...again. Then, there are legends of Dragon Dusts, supposedly shining red, created after a neonatal dragon stomps on it's cracked egg shells. Few have tales of seeing the dense dust.

Landing in this cursed fantasy land in search of the fairies' queen, I make a mental note to make Little Jane pay for forcing me to take this trip. Little mushrooms dot the ground every now and again, laid in small circles in the grass. Twigs and petals created into tiny houses hide behind leaves and branches. Colors of the rainbow dart behind leaves and into bushes and treetops the more I walk through, a truly horrid place. I am not so willingly welcomed in this terror of a forest. I feel dewdrops being thrown at my hair, and I feel the anger and fear of the Pixies and Fairies that throw them.