11-Reflection...

Her P

Her P.O.V.

The night was a long one. It began extremely unsettling. Anger festers worse and worse making me feel ridden which is how I know I have only hours left of rational thought before my nerves will take over. All I can do is sit on the rocking chair and think of different outcomes of my actions, alternative routes, and a source to find a way home but nothing is predictable enough to devise a plan. Not until I know more about this place.

I sit rocking on the chair with my knees up for what suddenly feels like hours and very well could be. Uncertainty and confusion turning my functional brain into absolute trash as the time ticks away. The more time that passes, the more my planning thoughts drift away from me. The night creeps long, convincing me that trashing the room would both help me find the thoughts that just drifted from my head and also make sleep seem less appealing. I proceed to go through the empty closet, throwing hangers to the floor and turning chests upside down. I tear through the empty dresser drawers, until they're all on the floor. The bed becomes a fluffy mess on all the furniture and carpet.

There wasn't much to trash so when I've torn apart everything I can, I sit in the mess, on the edge of the bed, facing the mirror but head in hand. I pull my hair to find some grounding. My head spins me into a trance. I look up at the ceiling, hoping it will help me decide if I'm awake or not. The wavy wood creates black spots throughout the entire ceiling. My eyes fall down onto the mirror, where my eyes meet my eyes. And when my eyes connect they widen and a smile spreads on my face.

I half scream, jumping back hard, but going no where except onto more bed. I didn't smile. But the girl in the mirror did. Her smile spreads. She puts her hand on her hip and rolls her eyes when I stare in frozen fear, half sitting up on the bed, an arm up as if it'll protect me.

It's another trick. Reflections don't move without mimicking. This is impossible, I haven't seen the 'twin' in years. She's gone. She can't be back.
"You should see the look on your face,"

I didn't say it. She did. She said it different than in the past, she spoke loud. Not just in my head, it sounded like her voice came from all angles of the room. She laughs, sitting on the bed, against the headboard.

"What..."
"Stop being scared, Jane, I'm here to help. And you got a little..." she gestures to her nose, signaling at my dried blood.

I sit up in the bed staring at her, wiping dried blood from my skin. I stare at me. Only I'm in the middle of the bed, my legs spread long. She relaxes on the headboard, sitting crisscross, an evil smile on her face.

"I know you. Don't you remember me? You don't have to be afraid. I more know than you. I am you."
I look down pulling at my hair. "I lost it...came to a magical land and lost it," I half whisper to myself, "I should be back at the asylum," now I just whimper.
"Pan put you in there,"

I look up at her. Her face is solid with a mean anger of the boy. Her brown eyes are identical to mine and I can tell she's stopping herself from clenching her jaw too hard. I squint at her while I consider if she is another one of Pan's trick or not.