XXX: Alive

Jack hops out from the jeep. He was in the gate when Bunny called out for him, "Jack!" He didn't turn around but he stops. "The chief is giving you three days to sort all your things in the house to move out."

After hearing that Jack went inside, he turns the light on and looked around. The house looked dead like her. There's a pained look on his face as he walked upstairs. Everywhere he looked; it all reminded him of Elsa. His feet led him to Elsa's room. He opens the door.

It was his first time to enter her room. The room was clean and organized. The bed looks like it was never used. There's a six big flat screen embedded in the wall. The table was full of documents. There's also documents and picture paste in the wall.

Something caught his eyes on the table. He slowly walked towards it and saw a scarf neatly folded and there's a letter above it. That scarf was very familiar to him. He picks up the letter and opens it. His eyes found his name written there.

He was silently seated in the swivel chair and silently read the letter that was addressed to him.

Dear Jack,

If you are reading this then something bad happens to me that I couldn't tell you all of this in person. I have so many things I want to tell you.

I guess I should start saying sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for doing something stupid but that's the only way I know to protect you, your family, and my family. I was caught by Pitch and he threatens me that if I didn't stay away from his wife, your life will be in danger. As a CIA agent, it's my responsibility to finish the case and I love you so much that I couldn't bear to think that you are in danger.

And then I made a plan that I know makes my life danger and because of that, I distance myself from you. I said and did all those things to you, to hurt you so that it would be easy for you to forget me.

I'm sorry for not holding onto your promise. I'm sorry for not telling you all my plans for you.

The only thing that I regret is, for not telling you about 5 years ago; our very first meeting.

You might not remember this but we've met at your hockey game. I was alone there and cold while waiting for my car to arrive. Then you appeared and tried to make a conversation with me. You are so lively and cheerful. Even though I was aloof and unresponsive that day, you never left me and never grew tired of talking to me. When I first look at your face, I was literally mesmerized seeing a light in your eyes like it was a star brightly twinkling in the darkness of night every time you look at me. You said all the words that I was wanting to hear. I didn't even know why I openly open up my problems to you and the stories of my life. You eagerly listen and you might not know this but you gave me hope that day.