Chapter One: It's a 'She'

“You will get to meet her tomorrow. I bet she’s already on board her flight to London right now.” Uncle Simon told us while all five of us were round up on the conference room after being summoned to talk about the artist who will be the opening act for our upcoming world tour. None of us were actually paying attention at the meeting. It didn’t really matter who we’d be working with because whether we like the artist or not, it’s our job to give entertainment so we really don’t have that much of a choice but work with them to satisfy the fans. We can’t all act demanding considering this will be the first world tour we’re working on.

Yet, this was the first time that we got information about the opening act, “It’s a ‘she’? Sweet!” I exclaimed with much interest but the other boys didn’t. Don’t they realize that a she meant a girl was signed to go on tour with us? Isn’t that exciting? Why am I the only one interested?

“Please Harry, this time there’s no fucking up with the new artist.” Simon warned.

My immediate reply was a scoff. “Hey, why do you have to assume that I’m even going to fuck her? Why? Is she smoking hot?” Really, I only pointed out that our tour mate is a girl. That doesn’t automatically mean that we’ll be spending most of our time together being fucking buddies.

Of course, the other boys snickered at me. They always do. “Come one, your name isn’t Harry Styles if you don’t.” Louis joked about me that just doubled the laughter of the people in the room. I certainly wasn’t aware of that fact.

“Please, don’t be so sure. After what Ms. Swift branded me, she’ll most probably choose Zayn, or even Niall to fuck with.” I retorted back.

But Simon interrupted even before a fight could start, “Boys, please. She’s the best of all the singers who auditioned. I want all of you to act as professionals once you get to meet her tomorrow. Be nice and always be the gentlemen towards her so she won’t get scared, -that goes to you, Harry. Please, no fooling around and I mean it. This is your world tour we’re talking about and that girl is part of the team now.”  

“What do we have to know about her?” Zayn asked suddenly interested too. Okay, so now he wants to get details about the said girl but no one said anything rude and laughed their asses at him? That is so unfair.

I took my phone out and asked, “What’s her name? Maybe we can Google her-,”

“Harry, why spoil the surprise?” Liam cut in.

I tossed my phone back at the table and sighed with frustration, “I just want to see what she looks like. I hope she’s pretty and hot.”

Louis and Liam scowled back at me while as Niall spoke out his thoughts, “I hope she’s magical,” he said, with matching dreamy look as he imagined the girl. Honestly, what do you expect him to say?

“She’s the winner of The X Factor Philippines. That’s all I’m going to tell for now. I’d like her to do the needed introduction herself. I’m pretty sure you’ll like her, she’s quite an interesting one.” Simon explained. Well that certainly was a first, not all artists get to be praised by Simon Cowell himself, most specially those whose name isn’t very well-known in the international music industry.  And just because of that, all five of us suddenly became curious of who the girl really was.