Chapter Twenty: Heart Beats Fast

It wasn’t Niall’s snore that got me to stir up.

It was the light feathery touch of someone’s cold fingertips I felt grazing my cheeks that instantly made me woke up, just in time to hear her call out my name in the same soft mellow voice I have was dying to hear once again. “Harry,”

It took my mind a second to register that she just whispered my name.

I quickly sat up and look if it was just a dream, if I was only hearing things, but no. I saw Makie’s tired eyes looking straight back at my worried ones. What made it more surreal for me was seeing Makie trying to slowly stretch her lips to form a small smile, something to tell me she’s there with me and that she’s just fine.

“Let’s go home,” was the first thing she asked.

I felt emotional. I fought back the tear of joy that she’s finally awake. I don’t want her to see that I was scared for some time. Makie was just so beautiful in my eyes. How can someone like her be this delicate but tough at the same time? She’s such a beautiful mystery.

“Makie,” I whispered as I leaned myself forward and immediately pressed a delicate kiss on her still bruised temple. My thumb delicately traced her pale cold cheeks. And my nose delicately placed closely on top of hers, our lips inches away from colliding to a sweet delicate kiss I’ve missed when she was deeply asleep and I was worried she’d forget about me.

I can feel everything about her. I was holding her in my arms. She’s here. She’s back. She’ stayed.

“Harry,” Makie called out my name again.

Everything inside me was jumping out of gladness. I have never been so happy to hear my name out, ever.

Then she softly uttered, “I did not forget anything about you, Harry Styles.”

She heard me before. She heard my wish.

It was my moment of clarity, and was the only thing I needed before I finally pressed my lips against hers. It was the kiss itself that sealed us the fact that both of our feelings haven’t been anyway forgotten too.

Makie’s lips smiling while we kissed made me not want to stop, never.

“I’ll call the doctors and tell them you’re awake.” I told her, but she held me back by my arm. “Is there something wrong? Do you feel any pain? Please Makie, tell me.” I quickly panicked.

Her small hands reached up and travelled to my face so to hold me in place, steady just next to her. “There’s no pain I can’t tolerate.” She told me. “Only, I think my heart is going to burst right out of my chest.” she added.

The heart monitor was telling me the same. The beats it emitted were now loud and faster than the previous sounds. 

This time, her arms pulled me down to her as if she wants me to hug her. She slowly placed my head right against her chest, and that’s when I realized she wanted me to listen closely to her heart. She laid my head right there just so to make me feel how her heart beats were accelerating to such a fast rhythm, thumping so loud it echoed through my eardrums that sent heavy beats down that accelerated mine as well.