Chapter Twenty Four: No Regrets, Just Love

For the first time, since Makie Romero started touring with us, someone from the Modest Management has gone and watched her perform live on stage.

William Clark stood right in the middle of the team where the floor men and stage director was, eyes locked on the eighteen year old Filipina artist who has gone and captured her audience with her stellar performance as the front act for the biggest crowd in Paris, France that One Direction had to date.

I just stood there behind everyone else, watching his every move carefully, trying to read every facial expression he fends off to whatever Makie does and how the audience reacts to it, trying my best to analyze with what I was supposed to see, what to expect, of what was the worst that could possibly happen tonight.

Makie didn’t know that she was being critiqued by probably her worst critique of all. I don’t think Vanessa has informed Makie about William Clark anyhow. Tonight, she was her usually, just singing her heart out to the lot of screaming fans before her, living every moment she was given to be on that very stage she was sharing with us. There wasn’t a single chance she disappointed anyone with her four songs opening. She brightened the whole stage with her dazzling beauty and talent, just one of the many things that made me so proud of her. The smile she had in her face just showed everyone that she’s okay, that she’s finally getting better, and that happiness once again filled her heart and soul.

It was the only thing I’m sure of for tonight.

“And I’ll never saw you coming, and I’ll never be the same. This is a state of grace. This is the worthwhile fight. Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right. This are the hands of faith, and my Achilles’ heel, this is the golden ages of something good, and right, and real.”

Yet I know William Clark wasn’t there just so to know how good she performs. He had a motive from the very beginning. A hidden agenda I was afraid of, even though I was only told to watch out myself. This is how they work, sneaky and dangerous once they don’t like what they got served with.

Harry Styles and Makie Romero, lovers in Paris -this was never part of their plan.

Love was never supposed to catch and bind our lives together. We’ll they’re a little too late for that now.

Though I know William’s intimidating eyes watched every interaction Makie and I made, it didn’t scare me to share a moment with the only girl of my affection on the front stage. As Makie runs off the stage and met us halfway the stage to give us ritual pre-performance hugs, having to save the best for last only for me, I pulled her closer towards me and embraced everything about her, loving the fact that this one felt like there’s no need to hide anything anymore. Her flushed face was buried on my chest, her skinny arms snaked on my waist, so tight I felt like not wanting to let her go and just make her perform with us again.

“I love you.” I heard her muttered even with the loudness of the crowd around us. “Oh God, why are you making me feel this way, I love you so much I can’t seem to let you go.”

“I won’t go anywhere. I will never let you go.” I told her back, looking straight through her hazelnut eyes, nonverbally telling her I meant every word I say. “I love you too, Makie.”