10

Waking up to her phone going off, Taylor grabbed it and looked to see Jeremy has called her twice. "Shit." She says as she answered it. "Sorry, I was asleep."

"It's fine." He says. "Would you want to hang out today since there is a career fair at the school tonight?"

Tommy heard talking as did Tyler. The two looked into the room to see Taylor on the phone and heard Jeremy. Tyler shook his head as he walked away not saying anything. He hurt his sister by choosing Vicki just like Vicki played them. He stopped and knew why Taylor and Jeremy stopped talking. Vicki. "At least they work their problems." He mumbled.

"Jeremy, I will see you at school."
~~~
Jeremy saw Taylor at her locker causing him to go over to her. He put his arms around her causing her to stiffen. "It's just me."

"I'm sorry." She says as she looked over her shoulder. "I'm still trying to get used to you doing that. I'm scared..."

"I will never lay a hand on you." He says causing her to smile as she leaned her head back against him. "How about we talk about where things are going between us?"

Taylor turned around in his arms smiling. "I think that sounds like a plan." She says. "First, we have to get through school first and then see where things are going between us."

Jeremy shut her locker and grabbed her hand. Elena and Bonnie saw them and smiled as the two went to class. "Do you think it will finally happen?"

"I think so." She says. "Jeremy was upset when she stopped talking to him because of Vicki. He hated that and wanted to make it up to her."

"He realized he was in love with her."

"He did."

They watched as Jeremy kissed Taylor's head before she went into her class. Tommy saw and shook his head. Jeremy is seeing what everyone knew and he was happy that his cousin will be able to tell Jeremy that she is in love with him.
~~~
Later that night, Jeremy saw Taylor walking in, but Tyler was keeping him from going inside. Taylor smiled as she looked around the jobs, but wondered where Jeremy was. Tommy saw his cousin and ran to her. "Tyler and Jeremy are fighting."

"Why?"

"Over you."

Taylor rolled her eyes at how ridiculous Tyler was being over her and Jeremy. Yes, he is older, but that doesn't give him rights to suddenly protect her. He failed to do that when that...monster was around. She ran outside. "Tyler! Stop!"

Tyler looked at his sister as she stood in front of Jeremy. "He ignored you."

"So did you." She tells him. "I made the decision to stop talking to Jeremy because of that..." Matt gave her a look. "Vicki. She was using the two of you and you two would fight. I got tired of it. I hated seeing the two of you fight. My brother and my best friend, who I really like, yet, you two didn't see how stressful it was to me." Taylor let her tears fall. "When that monster was around, you completely ignored it. No one saw the bruises, but Stefan and Matt. Now, stop it or you will regret it."

Jeremy looked at the girl in front of him. "Let's go."

Taylor walked away with Jeremy as their father started having a talk with Tyler. As they got to the front of the school, Jeremy turned her around and kissed her causing her to kiss him back. They pulled away and looked at one another. "I really like you too."

Smiling, Taylor hugged him. Her feelings were out there and so was his. She just wished to know what is next for them.