Chapter 11-President Rain

The more I think about it, the weirder it seems. It's surely not how we planned do things with the games. So why now.

What makes him so special to change things. Now granted I hired him, and could have just turned down his suggestion and continued on, but when the Head Gamemaker, Galloway Flourney, suggested that we interfere more with the games, we did.

He said that it may be a good idea to influence nature against the favor of some of the rebellious tributes with technology set up in the arena. These were often high ranked and likely to survive longer, but he said it would be more entertaining for the audience, like a plot twist of sorts. It makes sense if you look at it. But look at it again and it just doesn't.

It goes against the whole point, only the strongest can be victorious and walk away alive. So why would we be interfering at all. Or, no, the point is to show the districts that they are under our control. That we could snatch up their children and turn them into killers, and they are powerless against that. I guess that was my mindset when I accepted Galloway's plan. Now things seem a bit uneven.

Before when you looked at the training and ratings, in District 3 there were a lot of skilled fighters. Yet some of the first killed off were the strongest tributes. We changed the course of the games, and it doesn't seem right. Now the only one left in that district is one of the weaker fighters, and it isn't settling right with me.

I'm the type who fancies crushing down uneven places and chopping off loose ends. So we use the arena to kill Christina just as we have before, too late to stop the habit now. I must be going mad, I thought, no matter. I press the button on my desk that shows the hologram of Mr. Flourney.

"Can I help you?" he asked acknowledging my sudden holographic appearance.

"Christina from 3. Do as you please, but I want her dead." He nodded and switched off the message. I turn in my chair and look at the large video screen that is my personal view of the inside of the arena, watching for my commander to turn into reality.