Chapter 2.

****Kendall's POV****

Three years ago

I woke up with my things all packed in suit cases and boxes, there was nothing left except for my bed and dressers. It wasn't going to be forever that I was going to be away for but it certainly felt like I was never coming back.

"Honey you don't have to go if you don't want to go." My mum said walking into my room.

"No I want to go." I said.

"Okay." She said as we walked down stairs, she with the last box and I with my two suit cases. "Please don't leave me here all alone!" She sobbed.

"Mum don't worry we can Skype every night if you want. Also you won't be alone because Zayn's family is right next door if you ever need anything." I said just as there was a knock in the door.

I opened the door to reveal Zayn giving me puppy dog eyes with his big brown eyes. "Don't go." He plead.

"I have to go, this is probably my only chance to be a professional runner." I said pushing pass him trying not to break down in front of him.Halfway down the walkway he got on the ground and wrapped around my feet.

"Zayn get off." I said.

"No never. What am I going to do without my best friend." He said crying.

"You are going to be on the X-Factor, that's what you are going to be doing without your best friend." I said now crying waterfalls.

"Yeah but you will be gone longer." Zayn said as he got off my feet and gave me a bear hug.

"Will you two stop crying and say your good byes because you missy have to drive three hours to London." Mum said putting the last if my things in my Black Range Rover.

"Okay I will let you go but promise me thing." Zayn said.

"Sure anything." I said.

"Promise me that you won't replace me with someone else and promise to Skype me every night if possible." He said.

"I certainly won't be replacing you. And I will Skype you every night when I can." I said hugging him.

"Hey how about I go with you?" Zayn said.

"How would you get back?" I asked.

"I will take the train back it's only a two hour train ride." He said.

"Yeah that would be fun. And maybe you could stay the night and go back tomorrow morning." I said.

"I will go ask my mum if I can go." He said racing into his house.

I waited in my car for about ten minutes before Zayn came back. He got into the passenger seat and threw his bag in the back.

"So I will drive the first two hours then when we stop to get something to eat you can drive the rest of the trip which is approximately a hour and a half." I said.

"Sounds good to me." He said.

"Yay road trip!" I screamed.

*~*

We have been driving for about two hours and I was getting hungry.

"Where do you want to stop at?" I asked.

"Nando's!" Zayn said.

We pulled into the parking lot and walked into the restaurant.

"Table for two please." I said.

"Follow me." The waiter said giving me a wink.

We sat down at the table and the waiter said, "Hey my name is James and If you need anything, and I mean anything I will get it for you." He said placing a hand in my shoulder.

"Um thanks." I said uncomfortable.

When he left Zayn said, "Looks like you have a new admirer." We both were cracking up.

We got our drinks and it was time to order.

"I'll have a whole chicken, creamy mash, corn on the cob, and chips with Peri-Peri spice." I ordered and the waiter and Zayn had there mouths hanging open.

"Are you sure you want all of that?" The waiter and Zayn said at the same time.

"What a girl can eat?" I said.

"Okay then I'll have the same thing." Zayn said.

"The food will be out shortly." The waiter said.

We were waiting for our food when this couple bumped into out table making me spill my Coke all over my clothes.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry let me clean you up a bit." The girl said.

"And your next drink will be on me." The guy said.

"Oh thanks, but it's really not a big deal." I said stealing Zayn's napkin.

"Oh okay." They said and left.

"I'll be right back. I'm just gonna go get a change of clothes from the car." I said.

I got changed and came back to see that out food came and Zayn with a smirk in his face.

"What?" I said confused.

"I think it's time to have a eating competition." Zayn said picking up his fork and knife.

"You're so on." I said.

"Bring it." And with that it began.

I downed my creamy mash, chips, and corn in the cob. Now it was time for the big thing which Zayn started off with, the whole chicken.

"God you eat so fast." Zayn said still on the chicken and hasn't touched the rest of his food. I could tell I was going to win.

"Just face it, I'm gonna win." I bragged.

Finishing with the breast if the chicken I moved on to the wings. There was still some bones left in the chicken, and I wasn't the best eater when it comes to thing that still have bones. I opened my mouth it ask for help because I was choking.

"Oh your just faking it." Zayn said.

"Dude I think she really is choking her face it turning colours." The guy who bumped into our table earlier said getting up to give me first aid.

"Ready one, two, three." He said putting his fists on my stomach and lifting upwards. Out came the bone along with some of my other food.

"Tha-nks." I said in between breathes and coughs.

"No problem. It was the least I could." He said about to sit back down.

"Wait what's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Liam, and this is my girlfriend Samantha." He said.

"My name is Kendall and this my friend Zayn." I said.

"Very nice to meet you." He said.

"You too." Zayn said.

****** Author's Note******

Dear readers,

I'm so sorry for not uploading recently I have been super busy with school work and cheerleading. I am also sorry that this chapter is so short. Anyways what do you think of the story so far. Did you see what I did at the end (foreshadowing) Please don't forget to comment, vote, follow me on here, twitter, and Instagram. Thanks lovelies XOX :)

-Brooke