Chapter 41

All of us decided to gather up and go to a quieter room. Yunho decided that we go to the extra games room as the spare one would be full and no one is allowed in the main one. No one knew about the main one other than the our friendship group. I can't believe that Yunho has two games rooms. Who needs two? I guess it is good for parties and gatherings though.

I went and sat on the sofa while the guys started playing. Kevin came and joined me.

"So are you and Wooyoung together or something because I have never know Wooyoung defend a girl like that before? Sure, he will stick up for anyone who he knows is right but he has never got that defensive before." Kevin asked me with a smug look. He made sure he was quiet enough for the others to not hear. They were too busy playing.

I instantly shook my head. "We are best friends. He doesn't see me like that."

"But do you see him as a best friend or more?" Kevin asked.

"Just a best friend." I lied straight through my teeth. Kevin raised his eyebrows. He didn't believe me at all.

"Maybe a little." I said in a hushed tone.

"I knew it!" He paused. "I think he likes you too y/n." He whispered.

"How do you know?" I asked, confused.

"He wouldn't be looking over here looking rather jealous right now if he didn't." I slowly looked over to Wooyoung who was glaring at the two of us. As soon as he saw me look, his face changed to a smile and he began to play again.

Does he really like me? He can't. I'm me and he would never have feelings for me. He just cares about me as a friend.

I nodded to Kevin not really saying much more because I began thinking too much.

"I'm just going to get some fresh air." I told Kevin and walked out of the room before the rest could notice that I was gone.

I got outside the back garden and went over to the tree where it was a quiet. Nobody was around there so it was peaceful. I sat down, hugging my knees and resting my head on them as I got lost in my thoughts again.

After about 10 minutes, the leaves began rustling and then I heard someone sit beside me. I looked to my side to see Wooyoung.

He shuffled a bit closer. "Are you alright?" Wooyoung pulled me into his embrace so he was giving me a side hug.

I nodded. "You can tell me anything, you know? I will listen to whatever you need to talk about."

"What if it is about you?" I mumbled before thinking.

Wooyoung let go of me in shock. "Did I do something wrong to you? If I did, please tell me. I don't want to hurt you."

"It is me that is the issue. You have done nothing wrong at all." I felt my eyes well up a little.

"Please tell me what's wrong. I can help you with the issue." Wooyoung paused and looked into my eyes. "I don't like seeing you upset."

"You won't be able to help me though. I know that you can't help me." Then came the tears.

Wooyoung pulled me into a hug again to comfort me. Wooyoung rubbed my back in comfort.

"I don't think I can be friends with you anymore." I mumbled and Wooyoung froze.

After a few seconds, he pulled away again. "What do you mean 'we can't be friends'? What did I do? Y/N, I'm serious, if I did something wrong, you need to tell me. I want to fix it."

"I like you and you don't like me like that so you can't fix it. I know that you said that you don't want a relationship with anyone but I fell for you anyway. I can't believe how stupid I am." I suddenly blurted out fast before thinking.

"You like me? You like me as more than a friend? As in a boyfriend and girlfriend kind of like?" Wooyoung asked in shock.

I looked up to Wooyoung. "I shouldn't have said anything. Just ignore what I said and we can go back to being friends." I said quickly as I regretted saying that we can't be friends anymore. I stood up and went to walk away but Wooyoung had already pulled me back as he grasped my hand.

"What if I like you too?"

Happy New Year Atiny! I hope you all have the best year!