Chapter 1: A life in Outworld

10 years later

In the palace of Outworld, (Y/n) was walking the halls as she was reading a book about Edenian spells. She was learning to use wind magic just like her mother and hoped to learn more spells. As she was walking, she didn't notice that she was about to walk into someone, but it was already too late. She dropped her book when she bumped into the person. She looked up to see that she bumped into her grandmother; Sindel and Sheeva.

"Oops, sorry Grandmother. Sorry, Sheeva." (Y/n) apologized as she picked up her book. "I was studying a little before training with Emerald and Meena."

Sindel smiled at her granddaughter. "That's quite alright, (Y/n), but maybe you should leave the studies in your room rather than the halls." She joked. Sheeva puts a hand on the princess's shoulder. "Your training will begin soon. I will be training you and the others after a meeting." (Y/n) bows down. "Thank you, Sheeva." With that (Y/n) ran back to her room to change into her kombat attire.

Once on the training grounds, (Y/n) could see her brother, Lijin training with his friends and teammates. His best friends from Earthrealm were with him to help train, Aiden and Leo. Aiden is a Hispanic boy with dark skin who is training to be part of Special Forces. Leo had light skin and brown hair as he was part of the Lin Kuei and training to help his master Sub-Zero. Even (Y/n)'s little brother, Bolin was in his own little group with his best friend Onyx. Both Lijin and Bolin were spitting images of Liu Kang. Lijin had long hair pulled in a low ponytail. His eyes were like his father's when he was originally human. And his kombat attire was fit for a prince but with his chest exposed. Bolin had short hair and had a red headband. He had the same eyes as his mother. His kombat attire was similar to his older brother's but with his arms bare and chest covered. Onyx had similar features to his father, Kotal. He such as tan skin and glowing white eyes. He even wore some Osh-Tekk armor as his kombat attire.

She went to her teammates and her best friend, Emerald; daughter of Jade and Kotal was waiting for her. Emerald was the spitting image of her mother, Jade. She wears green kombat attire like her, but she wears war paint on her face like her father. Even Meena, (Y/n)'s cousin was there. She had mixed figures of both her mothers. Black hair and dark eyes from Mileena and dark skin from Tanya. Meena also inherited Tarkat from Mileena. The difference between them is that Meena can control it, but it can get stronger whenever she is hungry or angry. This breaks Mileena's heart because she blames herself for giving her daughter Tarkat, but Meena still assures her mother that it wasn't her fault. Her team was filled with Emerald, Meena, a human boy, and other races from Outworld, both males and females on her team. Her friends and teammates bowed their heads toward her and she bowed back. "Everyone, ready?" (Y/n) asked. Everyone either nodded or grunted in agreement.

"Okay.." (Y/n) steps into the ring. "...who wants to fight me first?" A tarkatan boy steps into the ring and goes into a fighting stance. (Y/n) did the same thing. "Ready...Fight!" Emerald shouts. (Y/n) and her Tarkatan teammate began to fight each other to either push someone out of the ring or pin them down. After almost ten minutes, (Y/n) was able to push trip her teammate, and her fist was an inch away from him. Instead of punching him, held her hand out to help him up. He accepts her help. "You are getting stronger, princess." The tarkatan boy said. "Thank you, but I said that I'm fine with being called (Y/n)." (Y/n) smiled as she turned towards the rest of her teammates. "That goes for all of you." Her whole team nodded at her. "Alright, next two go up." (Y/n) watched as the rest of her teammates were training with each other for an upcoming tournament.

After training for almost an hour, (Y/n) decided that it was time to take a break. She, Meena, and Emerald were talking to each other before they were interrupted by the girl they hated the most. Lijin's fiancée, Atara. Standing beside her was her sister Zarina. Atara was a beautiful noblewoman the same age as Linjin, she had long brown hair with blue eyes and she had white milk skin. Her kombat attire was something a noble would wear. Zarina was one year younger than her sister. She was also beautiful with blonde hair and light brown eyes. She even has the same skin as her sister and her outfit is also fit for her noble status and she wore a veil. (Y/n), Meena, and Emerald rolled their eyes at Atara.

"What do you want, Atara?" (Y/n) glared. "Oh, nothing much. I just wanted to see how weak you've gotten." Atara smirked. "Quick bold of you to talk like that to one of the princesses of Outworld." Emerald stood up. "Yes, I think I have higher power since I am in a relationship with the prince." Atara bragged which angered Emerald. Meena and (Y/n) knew that Lijin and Emerald had been in a relationship before but he had to break it off due to the members of the court making arrangements for him and Atara to be married  "Just because you're marrying her brother doesn't mean you have the power to treat everyone like dirt," Zarina mumbled. Atara glared at her sister. "Zarina is right, also I'm not sure if you've heard that the people want (Y/n) or I to be the empress because of all the good we've done." Meena bragged. "That won't happen since Lijin is first in line for the throne." (Y/n) pulls out her war fans as she fans herself. "Well, maybe you both should not consider becoming empress then since you both would make a poor excuse of an empress," Atara smirked. (Y/n) growls as she tights her grip on her fans. "(Y/n) or Meena would make a great empress. They have shown great leadership skills and the people love them already." Zarina stood up for the princesses. Atara just smirked as she walked away. Zarina groaned as she turned towards the princesses. "I'm so sorry, Princess (Y/n) and Princess Meena."

(Y/n) placed her hand on Zarina's shoulder. "You don't have to apologize. It's just your sister that can be quite the pain. But if she ever gives you trouble or you want someone to talk to, come to me." Emerald stood next to (Y/n). "To me as well." Meena stood up too. "Speak to me too." Zarina smiled before she left to do some more training.

Night had come and the three girls were in (Y/n)'s room having some girl time. As they were ready to call it a night, the door opened to reveal, (Y/n)'s little sister Azura. The eight-year-old princess comes in as she crawls in the bed. This caused the three teenagers to giggle. "What could I help with, Azura?" (Y/n) asked. "I wanna hear the dreams again. The ones you used to have." Azura smiled. (Y/n) smiled at her little sister. She went over to the bookshelf and grabbed a journal of what she wrote about her dreams. She then began to tell one of the stories from her old dreams. This time she told the story where she and her dream friends were in the ocean as they explored and discovered different sea creatures that one would see in Earthrealm. Once the story was done, the two teenagers saw that Azura had finally fallen asleep. Meena pulls a blanket onto her youngest cousin. "You know, you haven't talked about those dreams in a long time," Emerald said. "That's because I haven't had them in a long time. They just stopped." (Y/n) said as she put the journal away. "You know if that dream world of yours is real, what do you think it's like?" Emerald asked. "Like all the other worlds perhaps. We've seen different worlds before, so what could possibly be different from the one in my dreams." (Y/n) replied. Emerald and Meena struggled as they smiled. What the girls didn't know is that there are more eventful challenges in their lives that will soon come.