Chapter 35: suits

The next day of school was different than normal.

Denki stayed quiet. Hitoshi kept checking on him throughout the day. He still felt horrible, but Hitoshi wasn't going to give up on the two of them so easily.

Shoto and Hanta were one of the loud ones during class, having to be told multiple times to keep quiet during Shouta's lectures.

Izuku felt extreme guilt. He felt so bad that he stayed with Katsuki the entire day. He didn't want him to feel alone.

Ejiro and Ashido noticed that Izuku was acting differently. The boy that was relieved and ready to live up to the world was like a child shunned to the a corner.

"If you don't know already, the top 10 pro hero ceremony is coming quick. Todoroki, make sure to tell me what days your missing because of that," Shouta announced to the class.

"Yes sir. Izuku is coming too so it's going to be the two of us."

Izuku snapped his head back. It was the first time he was hearing about the event and that he was going.

"I'm what?!"

"Enji is the number one hero Izuku, remember? The media knows we are your host family. I'm surprised the media haven't stormed you yet."

"Is it formal and televised?"

"Yep."

"Great," he turned back around in his seat, sinking into it.

Katsuki smirked slightly imagining Izuku being in a suit.

Behind him however, Izuku was dreading it. He hated wearing suits. He avoided them at all costs. He didn't know the dress code for the event, but he was going to bend the rules as much as he could.

"Mina, stop texting in class. I can see your phone," Shouta snapped his head towards her.

"Mr. Aizawa, I'm texting someone of high importance. I promise I'm doing it for a reason," she told him.

"Who is it?"

She mouthed the name to him, making sure someone certain in the classroom wouldn't hear.

"Fine. I'll allow it." He knew what was being planned. Ashido had told him the scoop away from Izuku. "Back to the lesson for today now. I really don't feel like going into the field today. I'm giving a pop quiz."

Groans could be heard though out the entire classroom.

Shouta smirk to himself. He loved giving his students a rough time, but he was never to hard on them. They were still just kids.

He was going to watch them graduate and turn into amazing pro heroes. He just had to sit back and watch them grow.

—-

"Shoto, I was not told I had to go to this event. I don't even know what it's for! France and Japan are two different places!" Izuku had a slight freak out moment walking along side Shoto after school.

"It's basically when the hero commission announces the top 10 heroes of the year. Dad is number 1 and usually that doesn't change. He's one and Kegio is 2."

"Why does Japan think they need to rank the people who do good deeds? As long as they enjoy helping people, that's what a hero should be. Not how famous they are."

"I don't know, but you have to go since the media knows that we are housing you. They are going to want to know all the details of living with the number one pro hero."

Izuku rolled his eyes. "He was abusive until I threatened him and threw a knife at him."

"You can't say that. Even though he was a horrible person and is slowly getting better, we have to act as if he never did wrong in his life," Shoto told him.