n.kz • you prank her with a fake break up

y/n pov

you've been feeling mischievous lately and decided to prank your girlfriend kazuha. not just your average prank though, you were going to prank her with a fake break up. you thought it would be funny to see her reaction, you just hope it doesn't backfire.

you were currently waiting for kazuha to get home from work. you had stuffed some bags with some random items to make it look like you were really leaving. go big or go home i guess?

you finally hear the door unlock and that's when you start your acting. someone should really cast you in a film. you put on a really serious expression getting ready for your girlfriend to enter.

"baby!" kazuha chimes as she enters your shared place.

it was hard for you to not smile at her adorableness. though you keep your composure and continue looking down at the floor.

"baby?" she says again, less enthusiastic than last time.

at this moment, she had already noticed the packed bags and began to get worried.

"kazuha we need to talk," you say without looking up.

she rushes over to the couch and sits down, "what happened?!"

"why are your bags packed? where are you going?" kazuha says while she puts a comforting hand on your knee.

you shift your body so that her hand would fall off your knee, "i have to go."

"where? did something happen to your parents? are you going back to the states?" she says very obviously worried.

"it's not about my parents kazuha.. it's about us," you say coldly.

kazuha takes a second to respond.

"what about us?" her voice croaks.

you stand up, "i've been doing some thinking.. i'm not happy kazuha."

she stands up along side you, "y/n what's wrong! what happened for you to say all this? we were fine a couple days ago?" she says while making an attempt to grab your hands.

"i'm just not happy with our relationship, i'm sorry," you pull away.

"wh..why? is it something i'm not doing? or am i doing something wrong? please make me understand y/n! you can't just leave me please..."

you thought about ending it here because it was getting more serious. but in the end you decided to keep it going for a little longer.

"i'm sorry i.. i just think we need to break up."

"no no no no this can't be happening right now."

"y/n please tell me what happened! is there somebody else?" kazuha frantically asks.

"i promise you if it is just tell me.. i can make it work."

"there's nobody else kazuha, that's not the issue."

"then why!"

"i love you so much please don't do this to me y/n please," she starts to cry.

at this point you couldn't go on any longer. now you felt shitty for making her cry.

"shit don't cry babe i'm sorry," you say while pulling her into a hug.

"but you're leaving me y/n i don't want to break up! i'm not ready!" she sobs in your arms.

"zuha baby i'm sorry i was only pranking you. i didn't know you were going to cry."

just then, kazuha's demeanor changes. she pulls away from your grip.

"you mean to tell me all of this was a prank?!" she starts to get angry.

you hesitantly nod.

"who the hell told you that would be a good idea y/n?"

"y/n this isn't funny, this isn't a prank," kazuha says sadly while backing away from you.

"why would you do that... i thought i was actually going to lose you."

"zuha i'm so sorry i didn't mean for it to get this far. i thought it would be something we could laugh about after," you say in attempt to make the situation better.

"that's not something i want to laugh about!"

"you really hurt me y/n," your lover looks down to the floor.

you can't help but to mentally curse at yourself. you knew kazuha was sensitive, so what made you think this could possibly be a good idea.

you move a little closer to her, wrapping your arms around her.

"i know you probably don't want a hug right now but i'm really sorry. i was trying to prank you but i'm a dumbass. this was a terrible prank."

"i really love zuha, i promise you. i didn't mean anything i said i swear," you continue.

kazuha lays her head against your chest.

"please never do that again."

"i promise i won't," you whisper.

"i'm sorry again," you say while kissing her head.

"i forgive you idiot."