WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

I couldn't believe I was doing this. Actually working with someone else, it's been a long time since I did.

I had managed to track down their scent, apparently they decided to stay the night in the deep dark forest eating bear meat.

"Just eat it Lissa, meat is meat" Chrom said referring to the bear meat in front of them as they sat by the fire.

"Since when does meat smell like old boots?! Wait, I take that back boots smell better!" Lissa whined in disgust.

"Every experience makes you stronger milady, even those we don't enjoy" Frederick told Lissa calmly while still not eating anything himself.

"Really, then why don't I see you eating anything Frederick?" Lissa questioned angrily as she noticed the same thing I did.

"Me? Oh well.....I'm not hungry, I....I had a large lunch! Yes quite" Frederick said with a bead of sweat dripping down his brow.

"Ha, it doesn't take much effort to figure out that what you just said is nothing but a lie" I told him as I made my way through the trees while the others looked at me surprised that I found them.

"Huh, well done. I wasn't expecting you to be able to find us" Chrom stated impressed.

"I was always good at tracking. It's kinda apart of the job" I said while sitting down and poking the campfire with a stick.

"Interesting. Are you a hunter perhaps?" Robin asked me.

"Somthing like that, I uhm......retired some time ago"

(Keep telling yourself that)

"Well we are happy to have you. Welcome to the Shepards Fenris" Chrom said sticking out his hand which I accepted.

"So, where exactly are you from Fenris? That isn't exactly a common name in Ylisse" Frederick asked still a bit sceptical of me.

"I came from a land known as Norsarom. A lot of good land with large mountains as tall as the clouds, and wide open fields and trees as far as the eye could see, not to mention a lot of wildlife to hunt"

"That sounds like a place I might want to visit some day" Robin said nicely.

"Maybe it was once, but now....... my home is little more then a tomb. That's why I came to Ylisse. To start a new if I get the chance" I explain as I look on into the fire as I can feel it staring back at me.

"I'm truly sorry for your predicament Fenris. Just know that a second chance is always open to you if you stick with us" Chrom stated.

"I appreciate that Chrom" I didn't know much about this Chrom character, but he seemed to be genuine.

"Well I don't know about you all but I'm going to bed and hope that same creepy crawly bugs don't end up all over me, goodnight" Lissa said before laying down on the grass.

I quickly decided to follow suit.

(DO YOU REALLY THINK YOUR OUT OF THE WOODS? DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN HIDE FROM WHO YOU ONCE WERE. AND WHO YOU STILL ARE)

(DON'T YOU MISS IT? WHEN YOU WERE ON TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN. WHEN PEOPLE WERE TERRIFIED OF YOU. WHEN YOU STILL HAD THE TASTE OF BLOOD AND FLESH ON YOUR FANGS)

"Why won't you let me rest" I say to the voice in the dark corner of my mind as I sleep.

(BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE, I'M NOT SOME HIDEOUS MONSTER)

(I'M NOT SOME DERANGED CREATURE OF TORMENT, I...AM...YOU. I'M THE PART OF YOURSELF YOU WANT TO HIDE FROM YOUR NEW LITTLE FRIENDS)

(TELL ME, WHEN THEY SEE THIS SIDE OF YOURSELF, AND TRUST ME THEY WILL. DO YOU THINK THEY'LL STILL CARE ABOUT YOU?)