NEW PLACES AND NEW FACES

Chrom, Lissa, Robin, Frederick, and me have finally made it to the capital of Ylisse.

It was a giant place with streets a plenty while people scurried through the market, and sitting above it all was giant castle allowing the royals to look down on the people from their shiny seats, how typical.

"So this is Ylisstol, the capital of Ylisse. I've never seen so many people!" Robin said excitedly.

"It appears the capital was spared the chaos we encountered, thank the gods. I see no evidence of the great quake. It must've been limited to the forest" Frederick deduced.

"It would have been a gruesome sight if the earthquake continued here" I said.

"Indeed"

"Look! The exalt has come to see us! An old villager pointed to a woman with long blonde hair, and what looked like a symbol of some kind on her forehead. Did it have a similar origin to the wolf symbol on the back of my neck?

For her sake, I hope it doesn't.

"The exalt is your ruler, yes?" Robin asked.

"Yes. Her name is lady Emmeryn" Frederick responded.

"Is it safe for her to walk amongst commoners like this?"

"The exalt is a symbol of peace, Ylisse's most prized quality. Long ago, at the dawn of our age, the Fell Dragon tried to destroy the world"

"But the first exalt joined forces with the Divine Dragon and laid the beast low. Exalt Emmeryn reminds us all of the peace we fought for then" Frederick explained.

"With Plegia poking at our borders, the people need her. She's a calming presence when some might otherwise call for war" Chrom stated.

"Then the Ylissean people are indeed lucky to have her" Robin stated.

"And she's also the best big sister anyone could ask for!" Lissa said happily.

"Yes, I imagine she....wait, what? She's your....but wouldn't that make you and Chrom..." Robin said surprised

"The Prince and Princess of this realm, yes" Frederick stated causing my blood to run cold before it slowly started to boil.

"But you said you were shepards?" Robin asked confused.

"And so we are....in a manner of speaking, we just have a LOT of sheep"

"So you view your own people as sheep" I growled as I walked right up to Chrom standing face to face with him.

"Do you have a problem with royalty Fenris?" Chrom asked with his tone changing slightly.

"Let's just say the "royal family" back in Norsarom weren't exactly nice. I want to trust you Chrom, I really do. And I hope that all the thoughts running through my head right now are all just old scars opening up and a bit of paranoia"

"But I've been stabbed in the back before. And I'm not going to let it happen again" I tell him.

"You say the royal family back in your home land weren't good rulers. But before you also said your home was little more then a tomb now. So what exactly happened there?" Frederick questioned me.

"I.....I was, I uhm..."

"It's alright, you don't have to tell us if it's uncomfortable for you. I don't know what the rulers of your home were like, but I assure you we are not like them. You can trust us"

"Alright. I'm gonna to hold you to that"

"It looks like Emm is returning to the palace. Would you two like to meet her?" Chrom asked, more so to Robin than to me.