Ch. 6 || helpful

A/N : Yo, I am incredibly aware how some of this story is fucked up
(all the things abt Toko) but I've removed some of the things that I took out of proportion, I apologize if I made any of u uncomfortable or think badly of me bc of the stuff I've written. Enough of this A/N! TIME TO READ!

"Why?" Byakuya asks.
"Just take me to your house." Toko starts to walk away.
"Fukawa wait." Togami grabs Fukawa's arm. "That's really all you had to say?"
"W-well, I-I just n-need to tell you that," she stutters.
"We can leave now, we have only..." Byakuya looks at his watch, "45 minutes left of school."
"But won't someone see us leave?"
"This school couldn't give two shits about us." Togami grabs toko's hand and walks to the front of the school.
"Master, are you sure this is okay?"
"Just follow me."

Byakuya pushes the big blue door open, leading the duo to the sidewalk.
"There's a p-party t-tomorrow f-for n-new y-years e-eve," Toko says.
"And?"
"C-can y-you g-go with me?"
"I suppose. I don't need you getting hurt." Togami squeezes Fukawa's hand tighter.

As the two make their way to the rich people neighborhood, a familiar car passes by.
"Oh shit," Byakuya says under his breath. "That's my dad's car." He starts to run, Fukawa follows.
———————
After walking for what feels like an hour, they arrive at the Togami household.
"So tell me exactly why you wanted to come to my house?" He asks.
"I don't feel safe at my place." She starts to go up the stairs.
Byakuya begins to speak but then sucks his breath back in and follows up the stairs.

They enter his room, Toko tosses her bag onto the floor.
"W-why d-did y-you freak out about seeing your dad's car?" She questions.
"I wouldn't call that freaking out," he scoffs. "You see, us Togami men aren't allowed to marry, let alone date. The only role we hold is to spread our family name. My father would beat the shit out of me if he knew I was with someone, especially a commoner. But you are the reason I'd break the family rule."
"W-why d-don't y-you marry?"
"The simplest way to explain it is, the men think they're superior to women. But I don't think the same as those... misogynistic dumbasses."
Toko grabs the end of her braid.
"We don't accept commoners. That's why I started running," the heir says.
"But I'm-"
"Didn't you hear me fool? I said Id break the rules for you."
Fukawa nods her head sheepishly. Togami sits on the bed and takes his suit jacket off.
"Sit," togami orders.
Toko immediately sits next to him.
"That father of yours...." Togami begins. "He wasn't always like this? Right?"

Fukawa blinks a few times.

"W-when I-I w-was 8 and my sister was 11, we a-always had a close r-relationship with o-our parents. Until I t-turned 9, m-my dad d-drank a l-lot. He yelled at m-me and himika, and m-mostly at m-my mom." She explains. "Th-that's w-when he started h-hitting m-me a-and my sister. Th-than h-himika moved out when she was 14 t-to l-live with o-our aunt."

"There's more isn't there?" Byakuya sighs.
"I-I..y-yes th-there I-is. I-I'm s-so sorry for b-boring y-you w-with m-my s-story m-master!"
"You're not boring me, I want to know what's happening that's causing you to act this way," he says.

Fukawa takes a deep breath and looks around his room. The white walls remind her of another place she'd been, the observation making her shoulders heavy and her heart beat faster.
"My mom doesn't know my dad would do that to us, that's why they're still together." She rubs her eyes with her fists.

"You haven't told a single person?" Byakuya asks.
"Just you and k-Komaru," she murmurs.
"Komaru?" He repeats. "She'll tell everyone that."
Toko's eyes get wide.
"I-I...." Fukawa begins to sob.
Byakuya gently picks her up and sets her on his lap, wrapping his arms around her.
She begins to sob even more.

"I didn't mean to upset you baby," he explains.
"I-its okay," she says trying to maintain her crying.
Togami gently kisses Fukawa on the cheek. "You mean so much to me."

"How come just now are telling me that?" She asks.
"What?" He scoffs, "Fukawa I thought you'd be glad."
"I am...it's just why are you just now telling me?"
"Because I can't express feelings."
"But a few weeks ago....that....thing we did...that was expressing feelings," Toko says.
"True, did you...like that?" He questions.
"What do you think?" She laughs.
"I take that as a yes."

The two sit in silence, all of Fukawa's tears dried leaving her face still red. She rests her head on Byakuya's shoulder.

"Byakuya sama...don't ever leave me."

861 words
(Mb that this took forever)