Chapter 5

The basketball game was getting weirder and weirder. When Khaotung first stepped onto the court, he scored a few three-pointers but never got another ball into the basket after. The players guarding him changed in shifts and in the end, the person who stood before Khaotung was Luke, who was nearly half a head taller than him.

When the ball was passed to Khaotung, Luke resolutely blocked him from the front. Their height difference sparked in him a rare feeling of being oppressed. Khaotung dribbled the ball and suddenly dashed to Luke’s side, using all his strength to leap up in a jump shot. Luke did not stop him, instead directly using his body to slam into Khaotung, who was still mid-air.

Khaotung fell onto the ground with a muffled thud, the excruciating pain in his shoulder and knee causing a wave of dizziness to wash over him. He turned onto his side, gasping for breath.

Luke received a red card and was swapped out of the court. He smirked at Khaotung: “Sorry, bro. I’ll be more careful next time.”

Looking at Khaotung laying on the ground with his face pale, Khan’s temper flared. He stepped forward and grabbed Luke who was a whole head taller than him. The chubby face that used to be annoying now gave off a somewhat masculine aura.

“That was on purpose, wasn’t it, Luke?” Khan wasn’t the most accommodating either, he used to be quite the tyrant in class and was no stranger to making trouble. Now that someone else had come to harass his team, even if he weren’t retaliating for Khaotung’s sake, he still had to for his own pride.

Luke shook off Khan’s hand and regarded his chubby face with a look of disdain: “What’s it to you if I did it on purpose or not? Mind your own business.”

Unable to let it go, Khan gave Luke a shove. Luke merely took a few small steps back; It was like tickling an elephant. Although Khan was strong, when compared to Luke who was stronger, he was at most above average.

Before he could say anything, he felt a hot burst of pain on his cheek. Luke had one hand on khan’s collar while he squeezed Khan’s cheek with the other: “Just stay in Class 3 and stop trying to stand up for justice.”

Ohm was squatting beside Khaotung with the ball in his arms. The sight of Khaotung’s forehead covered in sweat made him anxious: “Let’s send Khaotung to the infirmary first…”

“Do that later, the game hasn’t ended yet.” Luke released his hold on the listless Khan and looked amusingly at Khaotung with a sneer: “He won’t die so soon.”

First stood at the school gate with a dark expression. He had just reached his front door when he realized he had left his bag in the sports hall. The thought of having to see Khaotung’s annoying face made his temper rise. All the students who were supposed to be doing self-revision in class were now currently at the school field. Almost all the teachers were having a meeting at the office room, and without them there to keep order, it was as if the students had gone crazy.

Passing a few couples who were ferociously making out amidst a cluster of trees, First slowly made his way to the sports hall, only to realize that a crowd had formed outside.

“Aren’t Class 3 and Class 5 just having a friendly match, why did they lock the door?” A male student pushed impatiently at the tightly locked door of the sports hall.

“Who knows? Luke is viciously underhanded when it comes to playing basketball, they probably had no choice but to lock the door.”

“Fuck, my friend texted from inside saying that they’re fighting!” The boy frowned as he stared at his phone, then continued while tapping on the keypad: “Said that Luke started acting up again, even slammed into Khaotung so hard he turned pale…”