14 - shh!

I did take her advice. I might've started skipping my first period with Mischa. In all fairness, I had P.E. first period. I also made sure to leave after they took attendance, so my record would still be spotless. We usually would stay in the library. Ocean was the library attendant first period and she (very reluctantly) let us stay without being a snitch. On occasion, we'd stay in the janitor's closet. No particular reason at all. Definitely no reason.

Today we were in the library. I was finishing up some work on my laptop and I remembered I had something to tell Mischa.

I took out my journal and set it on the table. Well, not quite set as much as dropped it loudly.

Mischa looked up. "What's this?"

"My journal. I made a plan. It's about Laura and Tom."

He made a face. "I hate them. They hate me."

"Yeah, but don't you wish they didn't? Don't you wish that they would like you? Like good parents really should?"

"Yeah," Mischa spoke quietly. "It would be nice. I wish that they would care, at least a bit. It wouldn't hurt to acknowledge my existence every once in a while."

"I know. And like I said, I made a plan. It's more or less based on how Noel gets me to do stuff that I don't want to do and it's a method that always works."

He nodded. "Do tell."

"We're going to get them a present, right?" I looked to see if he was following along.

"Noel bribes you with gifts? I don't know. You're probably just weak as fuck when it comes to any sort of affection, man."

I scoffed. "Oh, shut up, please. So we get a gift and then you're going to get all mushy about it. You know, hit them with the 'I'm so grateful you gave me a home!' Shit like that. It will make them feel so bad. You just can't show them any disrespect when you do this. Be genuine."

"It won't work."

"It's worth a shot," I shrugged. "You'll never know. I could help schedule a small Christmas for this to happen."

"I would keep arguing against this, but it's hard to argue with you, love. I'll go with what you're saying and hope for the best."

I smiled. "I knew you'd get it!"

"I really don't, but you're probably right," He gave my hand a squeeze and I returned to typing on my laptop.

"Thanks. Love you," I said absentmindedly.

Mischa's eyebrows shot up. "What?"

I frowned. "Is everything alright?"

"What you just said. It was- it was the first time you said that."

"I didn't mean to say it- wait, no. That sounded bad. It's not that I didn't mean to say it, but- I guess it just came out naturally," I finally managed.

He looked ecstatic. "I thought you were scared to say 'I love you'. That's what you told me. But you did it so easily and that makes me feel very surprised but very nice."

"I'm sorry I haven't said it before now, I just-" I began.

Mischa put a finger to my lips. "Shh. You don't need to be. You did it in your own time, and the fact that I have proven myself worthy your love makes my heart want to sing!"

"We're in the library, Misch. Please don't sing," I laughed.

"Oh! Speaking of singing, I have something to tell you. I am the BadEgg on the YouTube."

"I know."

"You do? You are a fan?"

Please note how I avoided his eyes when I said: "Yes. I'm a big fan of your work."

Mischa grinned. "You are my favorite fan! And I finished writing your song!"

"Wait, really?" I asked, astounded. "That's amazing!"

"Thank you. I was wondering if you would like to record it with me to put on my channel."

"I would love to!"

"You know how to get views?" He looked at me, a crooked grin plastered on his face.

"How?"

"We can make a promotional video. Right now. I will record."

"Right now? Alright! Sounds good!"

He opened up his laptop, went to the camera, and hit record.

"Hello, everyone. I have some news that will surely devastate my female subscribers. Maybe even some cool male subscribers. And this news is that I have a girlfriend. She is right beside me."

I waved to the camera.

"She is very pretty, no? They are also very, very smart and nice and I love her very much. Her name is Y/n and she wrote me part of a song. I finished the song for them and we will sing it together in my next video! While you guys wait for it, I will ask Y/n some questions. Y/n, what is your favorite class?"

"I really like English and Choir," I answered.

He nodded. "Who is your favorite music artist?"

"I feel like the correct answer is supposed to be you, but it's Will Wood," I held my hands up in apology.

"Come on, man!" He shoved me playfully, laughing. "Lastly: what is it like being the prettiest person in the world?"

I froze, blushing madly and unable to find words. Please, how was Mischa so good at doing that?

"I suppose that's a question you'd be better asking to yourself.

He looked at the camera with a surprised face. "Guys, she's good. You've got me there."

"Shh!" Ocean hushed us as she passed by with a cart of books.

We laughed and ended the promotional video.

a/n: going crazy over break i hate not being at school i actually hate not having homework i feel unproductive if i don't do something productive i am going to go feral and not in a good way ‼️🤯