Chapter 14: December 24th

Emma woke up the next morning to Regina warming her cold feet on hers. A small yelp had escaped her mouth at the initial contact. The brunette's feet had been unnecessarily icy, almost as if she had stuck only her feet out the window. Every time she pulled her legs away Regina's just found their way back. With a sigh Emma gave up and just accepted the cold touch.

She laid beside Regina, resting her face in her hand, just watching as her stomach rose and fell, the faint sound of Regina's breathing rhythmically keeping her attention.

Emma's concentration had been redirected when she heard her door creak open as Henry made his way into her room and hopped on top of the bed. She smiled and beckoned Henry to come over to her side and helped him slide under the top cover to separate him from their bodies.

After a couple of minutes of running her fingers through his hair he had fallen back asleep and soon Emma did the same, not waking up until she heard Henry's voice coming from the kitchen.

"Mommy loves bacon!"

Emma felt around the bed for Regina but when the left side of her bed was empty she slid out of bed and headed over to the kitchen where she saw Regina standing over her stove with Henry sitting next to her on the counter.

When Henry saw her he carefully slid down the counter and ran over to her, enveloping her in a tight hug before he looked up at her with one of his cutest smiles.

'Mommy! Regina's making you bacon! And hot chocolate cause I tolded her we always drink hot chocolate Christmas Eve.'

'It's just told sweetie.'

'Oh. Right. I told her we always drink hot chocolate Christmas Eve.'

"Good job." Placing a motherly kiss to his cheek, she picked the young boy up and set him on her hip, wadding over to Regina for a sleepy kiss.

'Breakfast is almost done.'

'Smells wonderful.'

'Henry said we have to watch some movie?'

'Oh yeah. It's tradition. It's cute. You'll like it.'

'Is that okay? Would that bore you?'

'I still watch TV, Emma,' she replied, rolling her eyes as Emma's apparently silly question. 'Just not a lot.'

'Man, I don't know. I just wanted to make sure.'

'Well, as long as you throw on subtitles I'm all set.'

'Can I ask you another question?'

'Go ahead.'

"Do you like imagine what the voices would sound like in your head?"