Chapter 15: December 25th

Emma felt a heavy body land right on stomach startling her out of her sleep.

"UMPH."

"What the fuck."

"It's Christmas Mommy!"

"Henry. Do you know how much you weigh? You can't be jumping on my stomach."

"Morning," Ruby called out sleepily, rising from the bed alongside Regina, who was busy wiping the sleep out of her eyes.

"It's Christmas! Wake up!"

"We're up, we're up."

"Please stop yelling. My head is killing me," Ruby groaned, falling back onto the bed.

"Go grab your Santa hat out of your closet and give us a chance to wake up."

Without another word Henry was off of her stomach and zooming up the stairs in search of his hat. Emma rubbed her hands up and down her face, trying to muster up any energy she had, and pushed herself up off the ground to start a pot of coffee. Seconds later Henry was back downstairs with his Santa hat on his head.

"Can I open my presents now? Please?"

"Stocking first, remember."

Ruby and Regina stalked into the kitchen to join her in a cup of coffee as Henry ran to the couch and tore through his stalking looking at all the various candies and small toys that were put in there. Emma even threw in a few gift cards for her son so he could "use his own money."

"A Nintendo gift card?! I can finally get Animal Crossing!" Henry jumped up from the spot and ran into the kitchen, throwing himself at Emma's legs, nearly knocking her over. "You are the best mom ever!"

"Merry Christmas sweetheart. I'll buy the game for you a little later."

This time, the entire group went back into the living room and sat around watching Henry open his presents with Emma occasionally taking pictures so she could send them to her mom and Mary. Emma sat at the edge of the couch with Regina laying in her lap, her head resting against Emma's chest while Ruby sat in the chair beside the tree.

Twenty minutes had passed them by when Henry finished opening all his presents. Her mom had gotten him an array of games for his Switch that he had been talking about since he got the damn thing a year ago. He got a bunch of new art supplies and Emma even bought him a junior easel and some canvases for him to paint on, which was a big step up from the basic paints and paper he had been using. Santa got him a complete set of Avenger action figures, The Berenstain Bears book collection, and new headphones for his IPad.

"I can't wait to use my easel and paint! I'm gonna paint everyone the awesomest picture!"

"I'm glad you liked all your presents. You have been a very very good boy this year and I made sure to tell Santa."