Chapter 12

Emily's P.O.V.

I snuggled into the pillow, snuggling deeper into the comforting mound. It smelled really good- like cinnamon, vanilla, and blueberry muffins almost? I couldn't put my nose on the last smell, but it was completely intoxicating. I breathed in deep sighing a little bit from the pure bliss of the scent. My pillow didn't normally smell like this, it usually smelled like my plum shampoo, which I was becoming less fond of the by the day. After three years, one can only take the smell for so long. What made my pillow smell so different? I didn't really care, it smelled really good, almost a little bit like Niall. 

Niall. He had been running through my mind all night. My dreams were plagued of the irishman and my secret. I wanted to trust Niall, but could I? How did I know that he just wouldn't run like the occurrences of one particular dream? I told him and he tried to leave me. He told me that he could never like someone like me, someone plagued by this disease. He told me that I'm not worthy enough for a guy like him. 

A guy like him. A sweet, loving, caring, considerate, amazing, adorable, hot, completely fit guy like him. My dream was right, I'm not enough for him. And that's why I'm never going to tell him. He will never find out my secret. I'm going to do my job, not get attached, and hopefully make enough money to help my family. 

My pillow moved up and down, almost as if I were on a boat. But I’m not on a boat, I’m on  tour bus. Why would my pillow move up and down? My eyes flicked open, adjusting to the light. It took a minute before everything came into focus. There was Louis and Liam’s bunks, empty. It looked like Zayn was still in his bunk, but he seemed awake. Fingers played on the bare skin near my waste, causing tingles and sparks to fly under my skin. I shivered, loving the feel. There was only one person who made my skin tingle like that. I looked up into his open eyes. 

“Good morning,” he whispered in a husky voice, what I assumed could only be from just waking up. His minty breath swept across my face, and I could taste it on my tongue.

“Morning,” I whispered back.

“Did you sleep well?” We were still whispering.

“Not really. I had this really crazy dream,” I whispered.

He sat up a little bit, his abs tensing, making them more defined, “Do you want to talk about it?” He asked concerned. 

“Not really,”

“Come on Emily. Or do I have to find out if you are ticklish?” he threatened, his eyes had a playful glint in them as he cracked his knuckles. 

I froze. He wouldn’t. I was one of the most ticklish people ever. I just froze up and curled up into a little ball. Then I would sort of thrash around and laugh really hard. It was the worst, and only my family knew about my little tickling problem, and often they would use it to my advantage.

“You... you wouldn’t,” I said slowly, stuttering a little.

“Oh but I would. Now do you want to tell me? Or should the punishment begin?” he threatened. 

I thought about it for a moment before shaking my head, locking my lips, and throwing away the key. 

“Alright, you asked for it,” he leaned over me, and using his hands attacked my bare stomach. I froze and started giggling, curling up into a little ball. “Come on Emily, just tell  me!” he tickled me some more, and got right up on top of me so that he could have better access to my stomach. 

Tears were streaming down my face as I laughed at this point. “Fine! Fine, I will tell you... later!” I promise! Just stop tickling me!” I managed to choke out.