Chapter 17

Emily’s P.O.V

He slipped his hand under the hem of my shirt, running his fingers dancingly across the sensitive skin beneath my belly button and at the waistband of my skinny jeans. I shivered, giggling quietly at the feel of his rough calluses against my skin. 

He smiled at me, his darker stubble across his face rubbing roughly across my cheek. We were cramped in the small space of his bunk, the darkness of the little notch comforting in a strange way. There was no way we could not be touching in the little bunk. His fingers drummed lightly against my skin, tapping out a light yet heavy beat on the taught surface. He ducked his head against my shoulder, letting it rest there, our legs overlapping in the tight space. His arm was around my shoulders, his fingers resting lightly against my arm. I was half on top of him, more leaning against him. 

I could feel the exhale of his breath as he released the air lightly against my ear. It moved the half hairs around the side of my face, tickling it swiftly. He breathed in deeply and I felt his diaphragm flex. Singing quietly in his husky rough voice he rubbed his nose softly against my cheek. 

“You've been on my mind

I grow fonder every day,

Lose myself in time

Just thinking of your face

God only knows

Why it's taken me so long

To let my doubts go

You're the only one that I want”

His fingers traced patterns lightly on my arm, the same design being etched like permanent tattoos. Pulling me closer so that I was practically on top of him, he rolled me over so that I was facing him, and that our noses were practically touching. He leaned his forehead against mine. We were so close I could feel his eyelashes against mine, giving me eskimo kisses.

“I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before

Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,

You never know if you never try

To forgive your past and simply be mine”

His husky voice rang quietly in my ear. It was all that I could hear, in the quiet silence of the tour bus. It was dark, even though it was half four and the sun was still shining brightly behind the darker english clouds. The silence ensued after the lads had left to get a lunch before the show that was to happen later tonight. Niall had agreeingly decided to stay with me when I had said that I wasn’t feeling to well. Which in truth, I wasn’t. I wasn’t ever feeling well anymore, there always seemed to be something wrong with me. But today I really wasn’t feeling superb today. My head was aching and my stomach just felt funny. I guessed what it was from, but I didn’t want to voice it to Niall. He had been extremely overprotective of late, attending to my every whim. If I was hungry and said something, he would immediately rush out to get something for me. I mean, it was nice that  he cared so much, but this was exactly why I didn’t tell my family. One, I didn’t want them to worry, and two I knew that they would baby me. I wouldn’t become self sufficient, but would go back to being a little school child in my dad’s eyes. And I didn’t want that. 

“I dare you to let me be your, your one and only

Promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms

So come on and give me the chance

To prove that I'm the one who can

Walk that mile until the end starts,” 

His voice rang out again in the silence of the bus, knocking me from my thoughts. It was just all so perfect. Almost to perfect. Rolling a me a bit more, he moved me so that I was on top of him and we were two parallel lines.

Skin touched and sparks flew. 

Faeries danced across my stomach, licking like fire up towards my heart. 

My heart. There was an iron clench around my heart, and I didn’t have the key. I didn’t know anyone who had the key. It wasn’t like I gave that key away, that key had gone a long time ago. That fateful day when my heart stopped. I didn’t even know if there was a key, I just hoped there was one for my molten iron heart. 

The pad of his thumbs stroked my cheeks softly. His eyes gazed into mine, like he was looking into my soul. I could feel his heart beat rapping against his chest, each thud like a hammer striking a bell. His gaze shifted down a little, to my nose. Slowly, it traveled down to my lips. 

Was he going to...?

My eyes flickered shut to the darkness of my eyelids and feelings and emotions took over.

One hand wrapped around to the back of my neck softly. I could feel his minty breath against my lips softly. His other hand slowly slid it’s way down to my hip and just under the hem of my shirt. His fingers played with my skin like he was playing the guitar. His nose lined up with mine and I could feel his skin against mine. Somehow both of our shirts had pulled up a little bit and the skin on both of our stomach’s touched, sparks flying.

“Can I?” he whispered huskily, so close I could feel the movement of his lips against mine. 

“Yeah,” I whispered. He hesitated before closing the slight distance between us. His lips moved against mine softly. His lips were soft and tender against mine. Just the slight contact sent shivers and flames running through my entire body.

I don’t know how long it lasted, but it seemed to short. I could kiss him forever. 

My eyes flickered open to his beautiful deep sea blue eyes. “Hey,” he said huskily, his voice cracking a little bit. His hands played at my waist, dancing across my skin. 

“Hey,” I said back, putting my head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. 

His hands danced along the skin at my waist, tipping my head up to his again. His lips pressed against mine again, and I smiled a great big smile. Ours eyes locked, and he smiled massively. 

That was the moment I realized one thing. That he had that one thing. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading :)

xx