Down & Out Aftermath Part 1

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ⸸ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

There they were. In the elevator, on their way back down to the underworld. Only seconds ago did The Devil shamefully and embarrassingly admit he... actually needed the dice. The Devil doesn't admit to needing anyone! It even took Henchman slightly off guard! The fact The Devil owned up to his need of not just something but someone! Someone who has failed him! Countless of times mind you! if this was little ol' anybody they'd be fired, literally? Or figuratively? Who knew with The Devil! Yet here he was, smiling charmingly, standing tall and proud beside the furry little beast.

A part of the Devil wanted to leave him there alone, but something else inside him peaked, made him have a change of heart, was it for his own benefit like he said? So he could get razzle dazzle back in the underworld? Or was it that The Devil truly felt guilt for someone? Or... what's that word... empathy! Could it be? He showed empathy? But why? Why now? Why Dice? Well... not even The Devil really knew. It completely shambled his mind, something was so... tricky about his so-called number one. He couldn't seem to let him go? It angered The Devil, he was so conflicted and confused with his own thoughts and his disgusting feelings, was it that he had a soft spot for the Dice? Possibly... but The Devil refused to admit that! To anyone! Especially himself.

The Devil was in his own thoughts as the elevator lowered, trying to process what just happened, he tried to convince himself that he wasn't being 'nice' but that he needed the dice of entertainment... it's not like he cares for him! Right?

The Devil was buzzed from his thoughts as the elevator rang, they hit the floor, now in The Devil's throne room. He pushed through the both of them by shoving them back with his claws as he stepped out from the elevator into the room. He swiftly moved his hands behind his back and held his head up high as he waited for the dice to exit the elevator and approach him.

As the elevator finally opened, King Dice fixed his bow-tie, not that it needed fixing; it was just a small habit of his...Then stepped out and looked around. He was happy to be back!! He knew quite well that this place must have been lacking something since his time away But he was sure he could get everything on notch now that he was back!

As confident as Dice felt, He really felt like could have got in way worse trouble, in  away he got off the hook... If the Devil hadn't changed his mind? Hoo, Dice either be dead or be on the streets again!. But here he was, back to livin' the high life! As The Devil's right hand man!

"So good to be back! Should've known that you'd want me back~"

King teased.

The Devil listened to his, embarrassing to say, 'Number 1.' Cockily stroll back through as if he owned the joint. Posture up straight, a wide charming smile... Dice was definitely proud of himself to be let loose by the devil.

Not many people can be given chances by the devil, he isn't exactly a very forgiving guy. Most people here know that the devil only really tolerates Henchman as he is kind of like... family to him, if family is what the mortals call it when you love another and can't do without them. Although that ... love differed. The love he held for his Henchman was pure... he didn't love him in the ways of wanting to be close to him. The devil Does not Experience THAT kind of love. With anyone. And that won't change.

Then why did he give King Dice chances? He had to feel... something toward that blockhead right? The Devil knows for sure it isn't that 'family' kind of love, hell no. But then what? What drew him back to the Dice every single time? Maybe it was just the way Dice charmed him? Or maybe more? That didn't really concern the devil right now... what did was getting his dear King Dice back into a schedule.