Christmas Special

December 24th, 2025

Few hours before Kirito and Co. go to raid the boss room on Floor 21...

Kazuto was sitting on Shino's bed at her apartment, while Shino was at the grocery store buying herself food and drinks.

Kazuto looked over to see a drawing of a cat and started to remember back to her first day in ALO.

"Y-Yes you did see one on my phone, I read that the Cait Sith's have good eyesight, so I figured that if I'm gonna be using a bow, I'd go for the race that seemed to fit that.....plus.....I.....love...cats...."

That's right, I said I was going to get her a cat, oh I can't wait to see her face tomorrow.....wait.....CHRISTMAS IS TOMORROW!!

Kazuto realized his time was short, in about a few hours, he and the others were going to raid Floor 21 of New Aincrad.

"Damn it....I should get going, but I don't want to be rude and just leave her home without telling her." Kazuto said to himself as he started to pace back and forth.

"What to do...what to do..."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, Kazuto would walk up and looked through the peep hole to see Kyouji at the door with a present. He would open the door, spooking Kyouji a little.

"Kir-Kazuto! I didn't expect to see you here." Kyouji said, still shocked.

"I mean, why wouldn't I be? This is my girlfriends apartment." Kazuto said.

"O-Oh R-Right, s-sorry. I-Is it alright if I come in?" Kyouji asked.

"Well of course you can. It ain't my place anyway." Kazuto said, laughing a little as he moved out of the way, letting Kyouji enter.

"So, do you want Shino for something?" Kazuto asked.

"Well actually, I have a present to give her for Christmas."

"But, you do know Christmas is tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, I know, but I'll be going to visit family for the next two days, so I won't be able to give her the gift."

"That sucks man...you'll miss out the party tomorrow at Dicey to."

"I know, but I love my family." Kyouji said, smiling.

"Well, you have fun and be safe out there." Kazuto said, smiling back.

"You act like something bad is going to happen the moment I'm out of your guys sights."

"Something could."

"Don't even joke about that, Kirito!"

"Alright, I'm sorry. Anyway, whatcha get her?" Kazuto asked.

"O-Oh it's a picture of her GGO avatar with her Hecate II. I didn't want to go to crazy with the gift. What are you gonna get her?" Kyouji asked, curious. Kazuto then realized, he was suppose to go Cat Hunting right now.

"AHHHHH SHIIIIITTTT!" Kazuto yelled, scaring Kyouji a little.

"W-What's wrong Kirito?!"

"I NEED TO GO CAT HUNTING!"

"CAT HUNTING?!?!"

After about a minute, both boys would calm down, as Kazuto explained what he meant by cat hunting.

"You want to get Asada a kitten?"

"Yeah I do."

"Well, I know plenty of Animal Shelters here you can go check." Kyouji said, Kazuto sitting next to him now.