Chapter Five: The Hungry, Hungry Chicken

Gregory kept running to where he needed to go, dead set on getting to the kitchens and getting Chica's voice box back. He turned a corner and saw a pathway to it, but his body screamed at him to stop and rest. Eventually he had to listen to it as he collapsed in a side room, breathing heavily. He was exhausted. His run-in with the Glamrocks' evil twins had been unexpected, but he managed to give them the slip for now.

He leaned against the nearby wall and tried to catch his breath, before his Fazwatch started beeping at him. He saw it was Leo trying to call him, so he answered.

[There you are!] He yelled. [I saw you running from those other animatronics when suddenly that whole area just became a dark spot for me and Roxy!]

[Gregory, are you okay!?] Roxy asked. [They didn't hurt you, did they!?]

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Gregory replied. "I'm a bit shaken up and worn out, but I'm still alive. You know, I'm thinking I was a bit too harsh on Monty with my first impression of him. I prefer him over his evil twin!"

[Gregory! Are you okay!? Are you hurt!?] Freddy's voice chimed in.

"Yeah, I'm okay Freddy. It's just... It's really good to hear your voices right now... These guys were after me like they meant to kill me." Gregory said with a shaky voice.

[Roxy and I saw that before that area went dark on us.] Leo replied. [I'm sorry you had to go through that, Rockstar. When all this is over, we'll get you a nice warm place to sleep and have a nice meal. That area's still dead for us, though. Where are you right now?]

"I'm in... Some kind of break room." Gregory said looking around. "There's a room with some rails in it, and an office of some kind."

[That sounds like the boiler room.] Roxy replied. [You're near the kitchens, Champ, and one step closer to getting the hell outta there.]

[Rox-] Freddy began before he cut himself off. [I will let that one slide because I also want Gregory out of there. Gregory, you can try to reach Chica's voice box, but if it becomes too dangerous, please just leave. We will find a spare voice box for Chica instead.]

"Greeeegoryyyy~" Slashrock Chica called out. "Your family is looking for you."

Gregory's eyes widened when he heard Slashrock Chica's voice. He looked out the door in his hiding place and saw Slashrock Chica searching for him, her fanged beak hanging open.

"Who wants candy?" She sang out.

"One of those killer animatronics is in here with me..." Gregory whispered. "It's Chica?"

[Shit. Okay, you need to get outta there.] Leo stated. [The only place that would be safe for you right now is the security office past the boiler room. Stay out of sight, and if you think she sees you... If you hear her heading your way... Run. Run your ass off. Stay safe, Rockstar.]

The call ended for now as Gregory snuck out of his hiding place as Slashrock Chica looked for him. Her piercing red eyes scanned the room as best she could before moving on.

"Our friendly security staff can help." She said.

Gregory stayed low to the ground, crawling on his hands and knees trying to get to the other side of the room and to the security office while also staying out of sight of the murderous yellow chicken that was hunting him. The silence was palpable as Gregory continued onward, strangely not hearing anything from Slashrock Chica. It set off some warnings in his head, which prompted him to turn around...

And see Slashrock Chica directly behind him.

"There you are!" She yelled excitedly. "Golly, you look so cute! I could just..."