Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

"I'm sure she will be fine. She have escaped a near-death situation before. She will get through this too" he said. I just stay silent. I bit my lips, trying not to lose composure. Dread and fear starts creeping up in me. I don't want to lose Y/N. She's everything to me.

Y/N... don't leave me...

-Decision-

Toge P.O.V

I lean my back against the chair's backrest. I stare at the ceiling. I've stopped crying, but the feeling of fear and dread won't leave my chest. Dr. Shoko is still in the infirmary room. It's been almost 2 hours since she's been in the room.

I hear the door opens to reveal Dr. Shoko. I quickly scramble up to my feet, not caring if I'd get dizzy from the sudden move. I just want to know how my girlfriend is doing.

"H-How is s-she?" I asked, carefully. So I don't use my cursed speech accidentally. She looks surprised because I rarely spoke normally. I've always limited my words to only in onigiri recipe. But right now, I only care for my girl's condition. Speaking in my usual way would make it harder to make sense for her.

She blinks her eyes, as if getting over her temporary shock. "Y/N's is in a critical condition... we'd need to perform a blood transfusion because she have lost a lot. But I don't know what her blood type is. Also, since she was a curse... I'm not sure if human's blood is safe for her" she said. I turn my head to look at the others.

"So we have to try and get a curse's blood for Y/N?" Itadori asked. The others turns to look at him. He notices everyone's stare. "What? We don't know if human's blood is safe for Y/N. So... safer to use the blood of her kind, right? I mean, she is a human... but... ugh, you know what I mean!" He said, growing frustrated at the way everyone stares at him.

"For once... I think he's right..." Fushiguro said. I bit my lips at what he said. How are we going to get a curse's blood though? The door to the room Y/N's in is slightly ajar. So I can take a look inside. Y/N lays on the bed. Her breathing is ragged and heavy.

She slowly open her eyes and turns to look at me. My eyes widened and I quickly rush to her side. "Y/N..." I said, placing a hand on her cheek. I hear the others behind me. I turn my head to see them trying to get inside, but Dr. Shoko stops them.

"Toge..." she said, in a weak voice. I lean down and place my forehead against her. "Why'd you keep on scaring me?" I asked, tears falls down from my eyes and lands on her face.

"I'm sorry..." she said. I pull away slightly to look at her. "Dr. Shoko said that you'd to get some blood transfusion. Will human blood works for you?" I asked. She lightly shakes her head, letting me know that it wouldn't.

"So you need a curse's blood?" I asked. She nods her head. I just nod my head. "Okay, we'll get some for you..." I said. I turn around to leave. I feel a hand grabs mine. I turn my head to look at her. I gently hold her hand with both of mine.

"What is it?" I asked. She gives me a sad smile. I just stare at her, wondering why she'd stop me. "It's... too risky" she said. I stare at her in confusion. I feel her hand giving my hand a light squeeze. I can feel her hand shaking ever so slightly.

"What do you mean, Y/N?" I asked. She stares at me as tears escape her eyes. "I remember now, Toge. It happened to me once... I was a human before I was a curse. I was kidnapped and taken to a lab. T-They... performed e-experiments on me" she said. My eyes widened at what she said.

"They injected a curse's DNA into my body... turning me into a curse. Performing a blood transfusions on me with a curse's blood might strengthen the curse DNA... I-I might b-become a curse again..." she said. My eyes widened at what she said.

"I don't want to turn into a curse... not again. I might turned into something far worse than I was before, Toge. W-What if... what if I don't recognize you? I m-might h-hurt you or worse... k-kill y-you..." she said, tears starts falling from her eyes.

"But if you don't get blood transfusion... you'll die" I said. She gives me a sad smile. "If I die... let me die as myself. I don't want to die a monster" she said. I shake my head at what she said.

"N-No... no! You can't die. I can't lose you, Y/N! Y-You're everything t-to me... I need you" I said, as I start to cry. She gently place a hand on the back of my neck. She gently pulls me closer. I place my head in the crook of her neck as I cry.

I can hear Y/N's breathing getting faster. I pull away to see her convulsing. My eyes widened as Dr. Shoko rushes inside. She turns to look at me, ushering me to leave the room. I want to stay near her. But a hand grabs my arm, pulling me out of the room. The door slams shut as I drop on my knees.

Tears starts to fall from my eyes at the thought of losing Y/N. But if we force to do things our way and give Y/N a curse's blood. We might risk turning Y/N into a curse again.

"What did she said to you, Inumaki-Senpai?" Itadori asked. I take out my phone and rapidly type it. I'm not risking activating my curse speech. Y/N will hate me if I hurt them.

Once I'm done typing, I hand my phone to Itadori. He take the phone from my hand and reads it. I can see his eyes widening at what I've typed in it. He let out a gasp as he turns to look at me.

"You're joking..." he said. I just look away from him, clenching my hands into tight fists. I really wish it was some sick joke. But it isn't. We only have two options.

Option one; leaving Y/N as she is... which will lead to her death, which is what she wanted... to die as a human. Option two; take the risk and give Y/N a curse's blood. But risking turning Y/N into a curse once again.

I let out a frustrated yell, clutching onto my head out of frustration. I don't want Y/N to die. But I don't to risk making her to turn into a curse either. So what should I do??

*to be continued*