Chapter 25

Previously on Chapter 24

I just close my eyes, letting myself sink in deeper in his embrace. No matter how hard I try to run away, I'm just not strong enough to be apart from him... not anymore.

-Sweet Date-

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes due to the sunlight seeping through the gap of the curtain. I was about to get up when I feel a pair of arms around me. I turn my head to see Toge sleeping peacefully.

I carefully turn in his arms to face him. He looks so peaceful. The bags under his eyes have faded, which lets me know that he have a good night sleep. A soft smile appear on my lips as I stare at him.

I thought... trying to stay away from him would be the best choice. He would be find and I won't risk hurting him again after what I had done 2 years ago. But I didn't realize that my action only hurts him a lot more.

I flinch when I feel a hand on my cheek. I turn my head to see Toge staring at me with worry. "Why're your crying?" He asked. I lift my hand, placing it on top of his as he gently wipe away the tears.

"I'm sorry... I thought I was doing for the best. But I didn't realize it only hurts you more" I said. He just pulls me closer. I bury my face in the crook of his neck, as he turn to lay on his back. He place a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"You're here now... that's what matters to me, Y/N. Just promise me that you won't ever leave me again" he said. I just nod my head as he gently play with my hair. I snuggle closer to his side, hugging his torso tightly. I miss this... I miss being in his arms.

"Y/N... go on a date with me?" He said. I pull away from the hug and stare at him in surprise. "D-Date?" I stuttered out. He smiles and nods his head.

"We've never been on a date before, right? So... will you go on a date with me today?" He asked. I just nod my head, smiling softly at him. He smiles and places a soft kiss on my forehead.

He moves to stand up and offers a hand to me. I let out a yelp when he pulls me a little too hard, making me almost flew towards him. He catches me by my waist, steadying me so I don't fall over.

"Whoops... sorry~" he said, gleefully. I roll my eyes and playfully hit his shoulder. He let out a chuckle and nudges his nose with mine. I blush deep shade of red at his gesture.

"I'm going to leave you to get ready, okay?" He said. I smile and nod my head. He place a soft, loving kiss on forehead. He let his lips linger on my skin. I just close my eyes, savoring the feeling. He pulls away not long after and pulls away from me. He turns around and walks out of my room.

***

Toge and I just spend the day together going around the village. "Wow... this village truly is beautiful. I've never had the time to walk around" I said. Toge turn to look at me.

"How come?" He asked. I turn my head to look at him, as he remove his hand from mine to wrap it around my shoulder. I wrap mine around his torso.

"You know why... I'm busy protecting this village from the curses" I said. He hums softly at what I said. "So you're like a secret hero. Oh my hero~" he said, teasingly. I start to blush at the way he acted.

"Toge!" I said. He let out a laugh. I cross my arms across my chest. He pulls me closer, placing a soft kiss on the side of my head. "Sorry~ I can't help it. You're just so cute" he said. I let out a huff at what him.

Eventually we come to a stop by the lake. Toge walks towards a log and take a seat. He pat the spot next to him. I walk towards him and take a seat there. I lean my head on his shoulder, as he pulls me closer.

I turn my head to look at the distance. The sunlight reflecting in the water makes it looks beautiful. "Do you want to go for a swim?" I asked, pulling away slightly to look at him.

"Swim?" He questioned. I nod my head. I stand up and offers my hand to him. "Come on! Let's go for a swim" I said. I reach the hem of my shirt, pulling it above my head. Toge blushes at my action. I let out a giggle at his reaction. I turn around and run towards the lake, going for a dip.

I move my feet to help me stay above the surface as I look up at the sky. I can feel a pair of arms snaking around my waist. I turn my head to see Toge. He's shirtless.

He holds me close as he smiles softly at me. "The water feels refreshing, isn't it?" He said. I smile and nod my head in agreement. He leans closer to kiss me. But before he get the chance to, I splash him with water. He blinks his eyes, staring at me with a surprised expression. I let out a giggle and went in for a dive.

***

The two of us now just lay on the ground, as we sun-bathe. He have his arm under my head to act as a pillow. I close my eyes, enjoying the heat of the sun.

"Y/N?" Toge said. I hum softly and turn to look at him. "Yeah?" I asked. He turns to look at me and move time sit up. I follow his gesture as he turn to face me.

He gently hold my hands in his. I stare at his hand for a few seconds, and turn to look at him. He stares at me with a serious gaze, which makes me feel a little nervous.

"I know we are both still young right now. But... I can't imagine my life without you. I don't want to risk losing you again. So, Y/N... will you marry me?" He asked. My eyes widened at what he said.

"M-Marry you?" I said. He smiles and nods his head. "Will you?" He asked. He take off his ring and lift it towards me. "I'm sorry I don't have a real ring right now. I hope this will do... so... will you?" He said, holding it in one hand while offering the other. I place my hand on top of his, and smiles softly at him.

"Yes... I will marry you" I said. He grins happily and slips the ring on. Which surprisingly fit. He cups my cheeks softly. "Thank you, Y/N..." he said. He leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips.

Time-skip

"I do..." I said, softly while smiling happily at Toge while holding his hands. The priest smiles and nod his head. "Congratulation... I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" he said. Toge cups my cheeks tenderly, pulling me in for a kiss.

We are now dancing slowly, following the rhythm of the soft melody. My arms around his neck as his are wrapped around my waist. We sway our body softly side to side.

"Oh right... I have something for you" I said, pulling away slightly. I ask for his hand. He lift his hand as he stares at me in confusion. I lift my hand, covering his hand with mine. A soft f/c appear.

I remove my hand to reveal a necklace. "I fuse it with my curse energy. It'll help you suppress your cursed speech. So you can talk normally to everyone. If you want to use it, you just need to take it off of your neck" I said, smiling softly at him. He smiles happily as he slip the necklace on.

He leans closer to place his forehead against mine. "Thank you so much, Y/N. I love you, my wifey" he said. I smile happily at what he said. "I love you too, my hubby..." I said. He cups my cheeks and places a soft kiss on my lips. I slowly close my eyes, kissing him back.

We've been through a lot together. A lot of obstacles that brought us apart. But we always find our way to each other. That's because we belong together. Him and I... forever.

The End

A/N: that is the end of this book! Thank you so much for following this book towards the end. I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I enjoy writing it. Stay tune for more books! Love ya~