Epilogue

"When the Season of Bitter Cold is gone,
The graceful bird listens for the melodious songs.
Kin from a star lost to the cold,
The avian of grace must become bold.
She will fly over the mountain peaks,
Avoiding the sharp-taloned eagles and their beaks.
Her, along with her community,
Must stay together to find their home for all eternity."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A she-cat walked quietly in the peaceful meadows, her glossy fur rippling with each step she took. A crown of small crystals twined together with vines shimmered atop her head, and small flames licked gently at her paws.

Her striking green eyes scanned the vicinity, before heading towards the Golden Lake. The small bells around the tribal queen's ears chimed softly with each step she took, the silver cuffs around her legs reflecting the moonlight.

Her satin-feathered wings settled lightly, their feathers blowing in the breeze. Faint flashes of gold and topaz shimmered along her coverts, sparkling like stars in the sky.

When she reached the lake, she paused for a moment to ponder. Gazing up at the stars as she sat down, the queen murmured softly under her breath, "My brother, I wonder if this was all my fault?" The she-cat thought of when the DenFolk captured her and how she had left with her mate and children shortly before he died.

The glossy, sandy-furred she-cat heaved a sigh of longing. She wished for him to be by her side again; her mate, the King, was often busy with council meetings and managing the tribe. Her son was usually spotting the apprentice training sessions and was often hunting or racing alone with his mate. Her daughter...

The royal queen's heart ached as she remembered her daughter's previous self. Now she was colder than ice and still wouldn't even look at her in the eyes because of a misunderstanding that had cost her the entire left side of her face. It had happened so long ago; she was a grown adult now.

Yet she still wouldn't forgive her.

"My brother; our sirens have been singing for days to try and bring your kin back home. There is still no sign of her. I wonder, have you spoken to her?" The she-cat murmured softly. The soft night winds blew through her fur, and she listened to the rustles of the bushes and trees around.

"You must help guide your daughter home, Ripple. My son cannot have kits because his mate is also a tom, and my daughter refuses to take a mate because of that horrible incident. We need another heir to the throne; the tribe would be in disarray when my children pass," she murmured to the sky.

Still no reply.

The queen sighed. "I hope you've heard me, brother. I hope your kin knows to find the way back home again." With that, the she-cat turned and headed back home, while the winds blew gently, whistling their hymns of the night.