Chapter Seven

Zenielle

"Welcome back." Fin said walking up to me in the squad room.

I looked up from my computer and smiled. "Thank you." I say quietly.

My voice is still a little hoarse from all the yelling I was doing last night. Olivia and I haven't spoken since I got here. The only thing she's said to me is that I should stay here with Velasco. That was offensive. She's never commanded that I stay at precinct. It's like she's grounded me for misbehaving.

I'm not upset. I know it's about Mike popping up at my place this morning. It's all just a huge misunderstanding. Once I sit her down and we have a real talk about everything, I'm sure it'll be solved.

"How is your daughter dealing with everything?" Finn asked me.

I shrug, "Like a warrior." I say. "She feels like she doesn't have much of a choice, cause mommy's always working." I tell Finn making him chuckle silently.

"Yeah I know that feeling." He said. "Any leads on the case?" he asked me.

I shake my head, "No not really. David Brookes doesn't have any history or any records, at least not here in New York." I say sitting my pen down.

"I'm shocked to see you sitting still."

"Yeah me too." I agree with Finn's joke.

I get a little antsy during the workday. Especially when there's nothing exciting happening. That's why when there's a case I'm the first one jump on, well Rollins and I. We both are busy bodies.

"Hey is Captain Benson here?" I ask Finn.

He nods and points to her office. I slowly stand up.

"Is everything okay?" He asks me.

"Yes. I just need to talk to her." I say walking to the door.

I opened it without knocking. She was on the phone.

"McGrath can I call you back...? Yes, thank you."

She hung up the phone and looked at me.

"I prefer you knock on my door before walking in-"

"Oh I'm so sorry. Hold on." I step back out the office and knock on the door sarcastically.

"Come in." She said quietly.

I opened the door and walked in the office. I closed the door behind me. She looked at with stale eyes.

"Hi." I said walking toward her desk.

Olivia looked at me and took her glasses off.

"You interrupted my important phone call, to say 'hi'?" She asked me with an attitude.

"What's the problem?" I ask sitting down. "What is the problem?" I ask again.

"Are you still sleeping with him?" Olivia asked catching me off guard.

"Who? Mike? Hell no." I say biting my lip. "We haven't together since, we broke up." I tell Olivia.

"I thought you were a lesbian?" She asked me.

"Does it matter?" I ask her. "I want to be with you. That's the bottom line." I tell Olivia.

She started smiling and nodded her head. "Okay.." She said.

Then I ran back what I had just told her and sank in my seat. I immediately felt embarrassed. Olivia didn't do anything. She was just looking at me.