Chapter Twenty-Two

Zenielle

After dinner, we all went back to my place. The kids went to sleep and Olivia I stayed up to talk to each other. I wasn't trying to do much talking.

"I hate that we have to work tomorrow." I say shaking my head as I caressed Olivia's face.

She smiled and pulled the covers over her naked body.

"Your first day back at SVU. I can't wait." She said grabbing my hand.

I leaned in and kissed her lips passionately. She grabbed the back of my head and pushed her tongue into my mouth. I moved the covers and got on top of her.

"Olivia when we get married I want to have a baby. Two more." I said making her smile.

"Two babies. Will we have the time? I barely spend enough time with Noah." She said shaking her head.

I sigh and bite the inside of my lip. "I want a baby, with you." I whisper moving my hand down her body.

"You fingering me is not going to make me change my mind. Two babies is—oh fuck," she moaned as I slipped my fingers into her moistened hole.

"Is this convincing." I ask moving down her body.

I kissed her neck and bit down on her skin softly. She kissed me before letting me go down to her stomach.

"Babe, do you smell that?" Olivia asked springing up.

"Smell what?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"The smoke! Look under the door!"

Olivia pushed me off of her and quickly put her shirt and sweatpants on. Meanwhile, I looked under the door and the smoke just as a heavy load of it was hitting my face making choke. I reached down grabbed my clothes as Olivia opened the door.

"Mom!" Noah yelled.

He was sleeping on the couch. He was standing in the hallway and the fire was coming from the door, by the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My apartment is on fire." I said as Liv peeked her head out the bedroom door.

"What's the address?" The dispatcher asked.

"155 Riverside Drive. I'm on the 9th floor."

"Anybody else in the house with you?"

"Yes two kids and one other adult. My son is in the living room and I can't get to my daughter she's in her bedroom."

"Okay the firefighters are on their way. Can you get out the door?" She asked me.

"No. The fire is right by my door. It's spreading really fast!"

"Mommy! I'm scared!" Kaleah yelled coming out of her room.

"I'm gonna go get them-"

"No tell whoever that is to stay put. The firefighters are coming now. They're gonna get you all out. You should a ladder outside your bedroom window in one minute. Some more firefighters are gonna come in put out the fire to get the kids. Is anyone hurt?" The dispatcher asked.

I shake my head just as Kaleah started coughing heavily. I began to worry about her asthma.

"My daughter has asthma. She's coughing really bad."

"LAFD We're coming in!" I hear just as the door kicked in.

"This is Captain Harvey, we have the kids we're gonna get them out safely. You two hang on, everything is gonna be fine. Do you see the firefighters outside of your window?" The fire captain asked as I turned my head.