Chapter Ten

Olivia

I walked into the precinct a few minutes later than usual

I walked into the precinct a few minutes later than usual. Actually, like thirty minutes later. I didn't get a lot sleep last night because I was up calling Zenielle over and over again. There wasn't anything that would make our situation better. I just wanted to make sure she was okay and wasn't doing anything stupid because of everything she'd endured last night. I don't know Zenielle as much as I'd like to so I don't know how she reacts in stressful situations. But, I have faith that she wouldn't put her life in jeopardy or do anything that would hurt the people that love her.

"Good morning captain." I hear Muncy say as I walk past everyone.

"Good morning." I groggily respond.

I walk in my office and close the door. I sit down at my desk and take my first deep, relaxing breath of the day. There was a knock on the door and it opened.

"Captain," Fin says. "You alright?" He asked me.

I open my eyes, "Have you heard from Zenielle?" I ask him.

"No." Finn said sounding confused. "It was her birthday last night she's probably somewhere hungover-"

"She didn't go out last night." I tell Fin. "Close the door." I instruct him.

He closed the door and came to sit down.

"What's going on Liv?" He asked me.

I know he can tell that something was wrong.

"I'm not even sure I can tell you." I say thinking about Halle and her protective custody situation.

"What can you tell me?" Fin asked putting his hands up.

I sigh deeply and rest my hands on my forehead. This secret was eating me up on the inside. Carisi already knows and I can't risk my job anymore than I have, but I know Fin won't tell anybody.

"Zenielle and I have been--"

"Yeah I know." Fin said looking away from me.

"How?" I ask him.

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm a detective, I see things." He said.

"That's not specific enough." I say shaking my head.

Fin looked at me and dropped his head a little bit.

"The night we popped up at your place. Her clothes were inside out-"

"Did anybody else notice?" I ask becoming panicky.

"They were smacked." Fin said waving me off. "They probably wouldn't have been able to tell if they're clothes were on inside out." I take a breath of relief at his words.

"That's good but I mean it's nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure our ship has sailed."

"Already?"