Chapter 15 Interlude

"No." You were breathless, bag falling off your shoulder to the floor. The books that resided within hitting the wooden flooring with a very disruptive bang. Tears reached your eyes, it burned as you tried to hold them back. Despite your efforts a few still slipped past.

"(Y/N)." The man you thought was your boyfriend sat up in the bed, body covered in hickeys and scratches.
"It's not what it looks like."

He defended poorly struggling to get out of the blanket. Struggling to get out of your bed.

"Sorry." The woman he was with apologized though her smile said otherwise. A sick grin across her face as she leaned forward keeping the blanket close to her chest almost as if she was hiding behind your, now ex, boyfriend.

"Listen it was a mistake." Your boyfriend stood up, shaking her off.
"Please give me another chance."

He reached out towards you, and you stumbled backwards a bit tears falling more and more down your face.

"No." You breathed again shaking your head now clenching your hands into fists.
"No, no I won't!"

You found your voice.

"You!-" anger was an understatement to how you felt as you pointed harshly at your boyfriend, "you disgust me."

You sneered. Your boyfriend recoiled as you picked up your bag hastily off the ground. Wiping your tears.

"You're just like all of them. I never want to see you again." You seethed giving him a single stare before walking towards the door.

"Wait!" He tried to catch you but you shook it off.

"I'll show you-" you gasped turning to look at him sharply. "I'll show you and everyone else who's belittled me that I am not a push over. Consider us over."

You stormed into the hall of the collage dormitory, slamming the door shut. You walked away covering your eyes a bit. He cheated. He cheated. You never wanted to be with another person again. Everyone's all the same. They only care about themselves...what did you do wrong?

The tears subsided, and when you removed your hand to brush what was left away, you stopped. This was different. This wasn't-

H e l l o?

You turned around hastily heart racing in your chest. What was that? You looked around taking shaky breaths. Now in the middle of a forest. Have you walked that far?

C a n y o u h e a r m e?

You spun around again feeling as though fear was choking you now.

L i s t e n t o m e i f y o u c a n , s t a y a w a y f r o m t h e m.

Stay away from who? Stay away from who?! You wanted to shout, but every time you tried no words left your throat. You wanted to scream but again it was useless. Nothing wanted to leave you.

Stay away from who?!

You cried in your mind. Stay away from who?!
          _________________________
You groaned at the buzzing that woke you up. Your nightstand causing the enhanced noise as your phone rang. You turned to your side, body sore and barely wanting to move as you peeled at your phone. Your eyes squinted at the light almost unable to register what was on the screen before everything settled in.

Several missed calls.

You rubbed your eyes trying to wake up more sitting up. Missed calls from...(F/N) and...