Ch.4 Shopping

~Y/n pov~

"What? Are you wearing the same shoes as me again?!"

I looked up to see Jinsung glaring at this scrawny kid, who was in our class.

"It's as if we're a couple, gross!"

It was silent for a few seconds as the boy stared at Jinsung fearfully.

Jinsung turned his head away from his abruptly, "Whatever."

He walked off.

Has he changed?

I smiled to myself. I bet Mijin would be happy.

Or would she even care? Lately, she seems different.

I walked to the classroom and entered after Jinsung, sitting beside Mijin as she smiled at me and started a conversation, not even sparing Jinsung a glance.

Jinsung was slouched in his seat, with his head resting on his arms.

I watched him from the corner of my eye.

He wasn't staring at Mijin like he used to.

Instead, it looks like he's staring at me?

Am I imagining things?

"Are you listening?" Mijin asked, following my gaze.

"Sorry, I zoned out." I apologised, smiling nervously as I waited for he scolding.

She just scoffed in response while glaring at something before smiling, "It's fine.. as I was saying."

The conversation died out as some of our classmates were talking loudly about expensive brands and bragging about things they had.

It was then the door opened and Hyungsuk walked in with a smile, happily greeting everyone.

How can someone be so happy in the morning?

He sat down in his seat and tried to greet Jinsung too but Jinsung but turned away and ignored him.

"Hey, but, isn't it a little strange? He has that beat up bag and always wears the same trainers."

"Park Hyungsuk doesn't have good fashion sense. He is poor."

Hyungsuk seemed completely unaware that they were gossiping about him.

"Do you think it's true?!"

The whispering became louder as everyone discussed what they just heard.

"Do you think it's true?" Mijin asked me.

"How would I know? It's not like I care whether he has money or not. It's not my business." I responded.

"I guess.."

Why are the teachers always late to every lesson?

I sighed as the teacher walking in, bowing and apologising for being late.

~*~

I jolted awake as I felt a hand gently shaking my shoulder.

Mumbling incoherently, I looked up and blinked tiredly at whoever had woken me up.

Jaeyeol stared down at me with a small smile.

"Is it lunch?" I asked while looking around, realising the classroom was already empty.

Mijin didn't even bother to wake me up.