Ch.1 Transfer student

~Y/n pov~

Today was going to be like every other day. Just another day at school.

At least, that's what I thought.

I had no idea that today was the day everything started to change.

I wasn't considered really pretty or popular, in fact, I didn't stand out at all.

However, I didn't care that much for popularity as I had a few close friends and that was enough for me.

As I got closer to school, I noticed it was quite noisy.

Is something happening?

As I rounded the corner and entered the school gates, I noticed a crowd of girls surrounding a tall, handsome boy.

I don't recognise him.. maybe he's new.

Without paying too much attention, I navigated my way through the clumps of girls, who were stood around gossiping, and entered the building, walking straight to my class.

Sliding open the door quietly, I entered the classroom and glanced around at the few people who were already here.

No one spared me a glance as I sat down in my seat.

I looked to my left and saw Jaeyeol turn to face me as he noticed my presence.

I smiled and waved to him as he nodded in response sending me a smile of his own before returning his gaze to outside.

There was a space between our seats as he had a desk all to himself.

On my right was where Mijin sat but she was yet to arrive.

Sighing tiredly, I rested my head on my arms.

I didn't get much sleep as I got invested in a book.

My eyes fluttered closed as I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere.

That was soon interrupted as more people arrived and the classroom seemed to come to life with all the talking.

I heard the chair beside me move as someone sat down, their hand patting my head.

"Morning." Mijin beamed as I turned my head to look at her.

I smiled happily, melting as her hand petted my head, "Morning Mijin..."

After a few moments, she removed her hand, making me huff as I sat up.

I glanced around the classroom and saw Haneul sat at her desk half asleep.

I guess I'll talk to her later.

"Quiet. We have a new student." The teacher told us as he came in, silencing the class and catching everyone's attention.

There were murmurs as people tried to guess the person's gender.

The same boy the girl were gawking at this morning came in, looking nervous as he glanced around the room, "My name is Park Hyungsuk."

It became noisy as girls gushed over his looks.

I grumbled at the loud noise and watched as Hyungsuk walked over to the empty seat beside Jinsung.

"Hi." He smiled at Jinsung as he sat down.

"Yeah hi." Jinsung muttered, his head resting on his hand as he glared grumpily at thin air.

Haneul suddenly sat up and quickly combed her hair while adding a bit of makeup before standing up and dropping her blanket on the chair.

This caught everyone's attention as her chair scraped along the floor.