forty-three.

He's naked.

I tilt my head till it rests on my shoulder, currently pressed into the wall of the kitchen.

I threw his shirt over my head when I rouse from the bed.

It's just after mid-night and Anaca stands stark naked in the middle of the kitchen, plugging in the stove which he is now pushing into place.

I stare as his skin tugs and stretches over his muscles, his ass in particular.

My lips curl when I spot something I've yet to see till now.

On his right ass cheek, dead center is a horribly done tattoo.

The words 'fuk mi' with an upside-down smiley face are scribbled in faded black ink.

It doesn't take a genius to know that it's one of those things you do in someone's parents' basement with a tattoo gun they got off the internet.

He is peeling the plastic off the glass when I quietly tread behind him, unable to help myself I use the tip of my nails and tug on the inked skin.

He body trembles as he whips his head around.

About ready to die of laughter, he holds my body up, lifting an irate brow.

"Did you just pinch my ass cheek?" his tone is deathly serious, causing me to topple over even more so into a fit of laughter.

He manhandles me till I'm upright once more, smacking my own ass cheek in response.

"Fuk mi, huh?" I utter between pants; my cheeks start to pain from smiling.

He rolls his eyes. "I was sixteen and obviously didn't do it myself."

"Innocent sixteen-year-old Anaca let someone tattoo his ass cheek?"

"I wasn't exactly innocent," he scoffs. "I was drunk when that happened."

"Hypocrite."

"Perhaps," he mutters as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Who did it?" I must know.

"My friend that died."

I look him over, seeing it's easier for him to say this time. As telling me all those years ago, lifted that weight off him.

"Did you tattoo him as well?"

Anaca shrugs. "I did, but I honestly don't remember doing it."

"Same thing?"

His eyes twinkle with mischief. "No."

"Going to make me guess?"

"Cok her," he says, then spells it.

"So you really wrote cock her, instead of cock here."

"It worked both ways."

I bite back a giggle as I run my thumb over his temple, his arms securely around my body.

"Newly discovered ass tattoo aside, why are you plugging the stove in naked?"

"I was going to make you something to eat."

"You have a perfectly good kitchen next door."

He leans forward, touching his nose to mine. "A kitchen covered in lemon dish towels and spoons, covered in..."

He exhales, shutting his eyes.

Auden.

Next door is covered in Auden.