Eleven

(Layla's POV)

"We need to start making our move soon."

Elijah was leaning against my car that I was currently working on. We were back in Italy because I needed to make sure that I had this car with me. It was the car that me and mom had worked on when I was a teenager. It had evolved over the years but what it stood for would always be the same.

Before I could respond to Elijah the sound of an engine caught our attention. It made Elijah push himself away from my car quickly. Just from glancing at his stance and how his hand came to rest on the gun at his waist it wasn't one of our guys.

Looking over the hood of my car two headlight blinded my line of sight and adrenaline started to run through my blood. It was only me and Elijah here the rest of our men where in Amsterdam getting ready for what was going to happen next.

A frown overtook my features as the sound of the engine roared, there was something familiar about the sound. Mom had taught me a long time ago that every car had it's own sound and I had definitely heard this one before.

The way the engine roared like a beast that couldn't be tamed was a sound that I had always wanted to recreate in my own car. The way I could almost feel the vibrations running through my very bones was something that was be stitched in my mind and body forever.

This was a car that was in a league of its own, it didn't have any rivals and there was no one in the world that could recreate the masterpiece that it is.

The only person that could ever make such a car was my mom.

No money in the world could buy you a car like that, it was priceless to not just the world but to my mom.

Without thinking I pushed my way past Elijah to get closer to the beast.

"Layla, what are you doing?" Snapped Elijah as he grabbed my arm but I quickly shook it off not stopping in my tracks.

"It's fine, how do you not know that car?" I commented not really paying attention to him now. All I could focus on was the car in front of me and who it held within. "It's my mom."

"Lyra?" Elijah's head snapped back to the car like he couldn't quite believe what I was saying. Hell even I didn't fully believe the conclusion that my mind had come too.

As I walked towards the car it came to a stop directly in front of me. I could feel the sweat on the palm of my hands as I stared through the drivers side of the car. I couldn't see anything but I knew she could see me.

Mom could always see me.

He electric blue eyes would be studying me right now, working out just what I had become over the last year since she had last seen me.

Feelings that only she could bring out of me where running through my mind. What was she thinking about when she seen me? Did she know what I was doing? Did she believe I could take on what I had planned?

Most of all, was she proud of me?

Because there was no one else in this world I cared about the opinion of than my mother, Lyra Anderson.

The engine roared even louder as my mom reeved the car once more before cutting the engine.

No there was no key to this car, the car listened to her and only her.

Once when I was sixteen I had tried taking it out for a drive. I hadn't gotten very fair when I realised everything in it was programmed to moms touch only.

No one would ever be able to drive that car without her permission.

Back then the car was a masterpiece but it was nothing compared to what it is now. Apparently someone had even offered my mom £200 million for it.