• NINE •

2022

I've loved you since the day we met.

The sentence still echoed in her head even after six months. Cassandra exhaled, her hands shaking as Carol gently ran her fingers through her dark hair.

You are my best friend.

"You can do this Cass, don't shake," Carol whispered gently.
"I know. There's just so many people that I feel like should've been here. Sometimes I think we should've waited for them to come back," she said, her voice as shaky as her hands.
"They're here, not physically. And I know that they want you to be happy, just like I do."

Cassandra smiled. The door of the small room opened, and Cassandra's adopted daughter stood behind her.

"Hey honey," Cassandra smiled, brushing her hand down Grace's arm.
"You look so pretty Mama," she said, hugging her from behind.
"Give us a spin kiddo," Carol said, turning her attention away from Cassandra's hair for a moment.

I love you now.

Grace spun in her shiny, silk, soft blue dress. Carol cheered, and Grace beamed.

"You look so beautiful, my perfect girl."
"Thank you."

I love you forever.

Carol finished with Cassandra's hair. Her dark hair was twisted halfway, with long, curled pieces falling down her back. Pink cherry blossoms were woven into the braids that tied into the half up half down. Cassandra felt tears about the slip down her face.

"I, I love it Carol," she said, voice choking up. "Thank you."
"You're welcome Cass," she said, wiping a tear from her cheek. "You're gorgeous."

She'd never felt so pretty in her whole life.

You make me feel loved.

Carol and Grace helped her into her dress, Pepper came in with her shoes in the middle of it. The dress was beautiful, plain white, and silk fabric, similar to Grace's dress. The thin straps showed off Cassandra's strong shoulders just perfectly, and the ballgown skirt floated beautifully when she spun. Her shoes were soft pink, with thin pastel ribbons tied up her ankles like ballet slippers.

I love your smile

Cassandra smiled. She'd never been so happy. Carol, Grace and Pepper all had tears in their eyes, and Cassandra giggled, covering her mouth.

"I'm getting married," she said in awe. "I'm getting married!"

I love your laugh

She opened up the small jewelry box beside her, picking up two dangling diamond earrings. Peggy had given them to her years ago, and demanded that she save them for her special day.

You are my favorite person

Eventually, the time came for Cassandra to go to the altar. Cassandra stood next to Pepper and Tony, who had be chosen to offciate the wedding.

Soft music began to play, and a gentle breeze floated through the air as people started walking down the grassy trail towards her.  Tony and Pepper's little girl, Morgan, stumbled her way down the aisle with Grace holding onto her hand. Morgan and Grace tossed flower petals into the air and scattered them on the ground, before stopping at the altar. Grace helped Morgan find her seat in the first row and sat down next to her.

More people walked down the path, and the small row of chairs began to fill. Then, she came out. Natasha walked down the path, holding on to Steve's arm. Cassandra and Natasha were wearing the same dress, but Natasha's shoes were a sliver color, and her hair was down and straightened.

You are my best friend.

Cassandra smiled, and tears welled in her eyes. When Natasha reached the altar, Cassandra hugged her tight, and high fived Steve.

Tony and Pepper began to speak, they exchanged rings, and soon it was time for the vows. Cassandra dug a small slip of paper out of a pocket in her dress, and unfolded it. She cleared her throat, and read the first line.

"Nat. Since the day I met you, I knew you were special. Your eyes had this spark in them, and despite all the pain you've faced, it never went away. You have been there for me through everything, and you are the only person who truly understands my life, both past and present. You have been there for me in ways I can't put into words, and I love you with everything I have. You are my best friend, my everything, I love you more than anything in the world."

Cassandra wiped the tears off her face, folded the paper up and put it back in her pocket. Natasha grabbed her hand, giving it a squeeze before reading what she had wrote.

Everybody was crying by the end of it, except Morgan, who kept leaning over to Grace and asking her what was going on.

Tony and Pepper spoke again, Cassandra and Natasha held each others hands. Cassandra was shaking, and Natasha had tears running down her face.

"You may kiss the bride."

Cassandra and Natasha kissed, and everyone in the audience cheered. They broke apart, and held up their hands with smiles on their faces.

I love you so much.

hey everybody!! it's been a while, and this chapter is short, but it doesn't matter because our favorite girls are officially married!!

i hope you liked this chapter, and i just want to let yall know that updates for this fic aren't going to be very often, but i promise that i will actually finish it.

love you, you're doing amazing-

sophie