the party

// lowercase intended //
context:
billie and finneas were sitting in finneas' new recording studio in the basement of his house that he lived in with his girlfriend, claudia. it was currently 10am and the pair were working on a song for their upcoming album which was up to this point, unnamed. (happier than ever work in progress) billie knew she wanted it to have a gold/beige and have a melancholy yet romantic and sarcastic feel to it, and they'd already finished the first song.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

' yo finneas, ' billie said, halfway through eating her vegan taco bell breakfast burrito.

'yeah?' finneas, her brother and bestest friend replied.

'drew's going to this college friends party and doesnt wanna go on her own, its tonight so do you mind if we reschedule writing times for like..'

billie paused, munching on her breakfast.

'late tomorrow? like 7/8pm ish? only because im planning on drinking and you know your girls gonna be hungover as fuuuckk tomorroww.'

billie joked with a little laugh before placing her food on the grey coffee table in front of her and picking up her glass of water, taking a big gulp of it.

finneas shrugged, before replying with: 'yeah, thats fine by me, it means i can take claud out for dinner cause we had to change plans last week.'

'sweet.' billie said, and finneas started to play over the music that they'd composed for the song they were working on.

'i used to think you were shy, but mmh mhmm mhm mmm mm, maybe you were duh duh duh duh duh - - -'

(its lost cause if you can tell :')) )

billie sat and began harmonizing to the song, she was trying to work out the lyrics as they went along but she wasnt having much luck.

'dude,' she muttered, running her hands through her newly dyed blonde hair.

'it's way too early for this shit, im tired.' she groaned slightly, tilting her head back towards the ceiling.

finneas span his chair around, before telling billie that they had to make some progress by the end of this week or else they'd get nothing done whatsoever.

'your right, but im just not.. i dont wanna do any songwriting today finn.' billie said in a whiny voice.

'with you being in this mood, i know your not gonna fall out of it all day so why dont we just.. i dunno, not do anything today? you can go to drew's and get ready for the party, i can just chill with peaches until claudia gets back from her photoshoot thingy, it works out for the both of us.' finneas said, giving up already on the idea of trying to get work done with billie.

billie let out a soft groan, before sitting up.

'yeah, we both need the break anyways-- we were messing about with songs n' shit until 2am yesterday and you know i cant function after a late night.' she replied, grabbing her hoodie, keys and bag.

'see you tomorrow then fin, have fun with your date night or whatever.' billie gave finneas a wave, and opened the door.

'yeah, you too with that party thing bils.' fin replied, before turning back to his computer to work on song ideas because he was feeling a lot more productive than billie.

billie walked up the stairs and into the main hallway of the ground floor, and peaches jumped off from finneas' couch to say hi to billie as she passed through his living room.

'hey peaches baby!' billie gave the friendly pitbull a scratch behind her floppy ears though not paying her much attention - only because she was in a rush to get to drews - and went to fins front door before leaving his house.

she unlocked her matte black dodge challenger hellcat, and slid into the drivers seat. billie turned her engine on and reversed off of her brothers driveway and onto a small road, then onto a main highway as she called drew to let her know she was driving to her place now.