Chapter 4: Giovanni's

Scarlet made her way pass the other dining tables and out the door. She was stopped by the petite hostess who asked, "Are you looking for the bathroom, ma'am?"With a smile on her lips Scarlet replied, "No, I'm on my way out."She turned and kept walking until she found the valet. He pulled her car up and handed her the keys. Scarlet put her keys in the ignition and drove into the Manhattan traffic.

 While she was waiting at a stop light Scarlet realized her stomach was killing her. She didn't eat anything since breakfast and was now dying of starvation. She looked through her bag for her phone. She was going to order takeout. She rummage through her entire bag but couldn't find her phone. "Where did I put my phone," she questioned. "It must be here!" Scarlet took her bag and dumped it out on the passenger seat, her phone was nowhere to be found. Scarlet thought back to where she last used her phone. I didn't leave it at the restaurant because I never took it out, she thought, the last place I used it was at work! It must be at work. Scarlet turned her car around and went back to Thane Corp.

* * *

 Not a single person was in the office when Scarlet arrive. It was so dark that Scarlet could barely see where she was going. The whole floor was so silent that you could hear a pin drop, it was like a scene from a horror film. Scarlet was so creeped out that she began to speed walk. Turning the corner to her office Scarlet saw a faint light coming from the office next to her's. Is Nathan still here, she thought. Walking up to his door she peered in. Nathan was sitting at his desk reading through a pile of papers. Scarlet knocked on his door before entering.

"Working hard or hardly working," she questioned.

Looking up, Nathan let out a small chuckle as he replied, "Scarlet? What are you doing here? It's so late."

"I forgot my phone. What are you doing? I thought you were taking everyone out to dinner," she replied.

"Everyone wanted to go out for drinks instead. I thought it was a good idea, but you should see my tab, it's through the roof! I don't know if I should be worried more about my bill, or the fact that my employees are alcoholics," answered Nathan in a sarcastic tone.

Scarlet let out a small laugh as she pulled up a chair across from him. "So, where is everyone? Don't tell me you deserted them at the bar."

"No, I had to send them home because they were all so drunk," replied Nathan as his eyes followed every move Scarlet made.

"So, after you got everyone drunk, you paid for them to go home? Wow, you really are an amazing boss," replied Scarlet in a sarcastic tone.

"I didn't get them drunk. They chose to drink and kept drinking. I didn't force anyone to indulge in one of the finer things on earth," explained Nathan.

"I should have taken your offer and skipped out on my plans."

"Speaking of your plans, how did tonight go. I'm guessing not well since it's only 9pm and you're here" replied Nathan.

"Not the best night. I didn't even get to eat. I was actually on my way to pick up dinner when I realized that I left my phone here," answered Scarlet.