CHAPTER SIX

To my... death?!

I feel bile rising in my throat as the drivers word's sink in. But the sound of a gunshot pulls me out of my reverie!

"Shit!" I hear the drivers said.

The car begins to swerve, and I realize the tires have been shot out.

Oh my god! I need to get out of here!

I smash the window with both feet, but the jagged pieces of glass make it impossible to climb out.

As the car comes to a halt, the driver rips his seatbelt of before jumping out, dragging me out by my hair.

The driver pulls me into an alleyway, pressing a gun in my temple.

"You're going to regret this--" I said madly to the driver.

"Shut the fuck up---!" The driver madly said to me as he was cut off as a familiar voice spoke.

"HEY! Let her go, or I'll blow your fucking head off!"

The man turns to face Alex-- who is holding a gun directly aimed at his head. Some of Alex's men close in behind him.

"I don't think so..." The driver said as he digs the gun into my skin.

"AH!" I spoke out of the pain I felt.

"No!"

"Back the fuck up, or I put a bullet in her head!" The driver said to Alex.

"You know I can't do that, man." Alex said to the driver.

"Last chance... Tell your men to back off." The driver said to Alex.

Alex stops, immediately raising a finger to his men and gesturing for them to move away.

They begrudgingly step back, leaving the three of us alone.

"Good. Now side your gun over." The driver said to Alex.

"Not happening..." Alex seriously said.

If Alex hands over his gun, he'll be powerless!

"Then your delicious toy here goes bye-bye!" The driver said.

"And what's to say you won't shoot us both anyway?!" Alex madly said to the driver.

"Alex... Don't listen to him! He's tricking you!" I said to him.

Alex closes his eyes briefly, pain shooting through the expression as he flicks the safely lock on.

"I'll do whatever it takes to protect you, Amber." I heard Alex said.

Alex...

My eyes wide, and I struggle to free myself as Alex slowly places the gun on the ground before sliding it over.

"There. Now, let her go." Alex said to the driver.

"Well, son of a bitch!" The driver said as he remove his gun from my head and aims it at Alex's with a sickening laugh.

"Got to say I'm a little disappeared. Everyone talks about how lethal you Bonanno's are. How you shoot first, ask questions later. Especially the infamous Alex Bonanno..." The driver said.

What is he doing?

"Give it time..." I heard Alex said.

"It's sad, really... Just look at you. Shitting a brick over losing a woman.. I could kill you right this second if I wanted to." The driver devilishly said while smiling to Alex.

Alex narrows his eyes, and my heart sinks.

I need to figure a way out of this... We can't die now! Wait, I've got it! I have to intervene. It's our only chance! I can't just wait around and do nothing!