CHAPTER TWELVE

Me and Alex arrive at the ward to meet with Lewis and a detained Mike.

Looks like Mike's been treated... I still can't believe I shot him.

"Amber... Alessandro..." Mike said called both of us out.

"How's the arm?" Alex asked to Mike.

"Didn't know you'd care..." Mike said to Alex in a crumpled brow.

Oh, screw this!

"Hey! Let me make this very clear, your brother is allowing you to be here. But the second you piss either of us off, I'll personally have you fragged out. Got it?" I madly said to Mike sending him a warning.

As I raise my eyebrows and take a step closer, I notice Mike flinch slightly.

"Understood." He shortly said.

Looks like Mike is scared of me... Good. Worth it.

Alex smiles and gives me an impressed nod before turning to his father. 

Lewis sits at the edge of the bed, his face looking more aged and furious than ever.

"Father... how are you feeling?" Alex asked to Lewis.

"It's always, 'How are you feeling?' 'What did the doctors say?' 'Have you take your meds?' I'm sick of it! Your brother may think that I'm too old and forgetful to run things here no more, but in case you've forgotten, I'm a don." Lewis madly said.

"I was simply asking, Pa. You did just have surgery--" Alex said to his father but he was cut off by him.

"I told you that I wouldn't take any more stupid fighting between family no more... And yet you're tryin' to steal my business, right out from under me?!" Lewis madly said as he looks pointedly toward Mike.

What's he going to do?

"As the current don, I have my own opinions on how to handle this... but I'd like to hear form you, Alessandro... and Amber first." Lewis said in a stern tone.

My eyes widen of what Lewis said. "Me?" I asked to him in disbelief.

Lewis nods, and Mike shuffles in his seat nervously as I and Alex send deathly stares his way.

"Yeah. You're family now... It's only right I hear everyone's opinions. Being the head of this organization ain't just dictating. We listen and care for our family. Family has to come above all else." Lewis said explaining his reasons to me. His words are laced in venom a he stares at Mike.

"So tell me... What would you do with him? Put a bullet between his eyes?" Lewis asked as he look at Mike without breaking any stare as he talking to me asking for my opinion.

Mike's eyes widen at shock. "What?!"

Whoa... Being given a chance to decide what happens to Mike after everything he's done feels like poetic justice.

Alex turns to me, taking my hands in his, and I can sense the pain and hesitation in his eyes.

"What do you want to do, Amber? I'm at a loss." Alex said to me.

My eyes widen to my realization. "You want me to have the final say?" I asked Alex.

"You're my wide... and I trust what you have to say. So tell me, what do we do? Forgive him and let him live, or have him put down?" Alex asked to me, asking for my decision.

"Decision's yours, Amber." Lewis said to me in a stern tone.

If I let Mike live, Alex doesn't have to go on knowing he let his brother be killed. But then again, if I don't, who's to know he won't try to hurt Alex again? This is a chance too show Lewis I can handle being a part of mafia life and having a voice.