Prologue.

-Any man who must say, 'I am the king,' is no true king.-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowen darcy swan, the elder half-sister of Isabella Marie swan. Daughter of Charlie swan and a woman he fell in love with before he met Reneé, his first wife Alana clover, she was stern and serious, a carbon copy to that Charlie, who often joked at how alike they were.

They, though looked similar, had very distinct appearances, Charlie had his dark brown curly hair, and chocolate brown eyes that held such maturity but also some desire to be youthful, his skin pale which seemingly was the only thing he shared with Alana.
Now Alana was utterly unique, like a rare crystal, she was sharp around the edges but inside she was everything close to perfect.
Her deep navy eyes and inky black straight locks made her appear like an ethereal goddess, straight out of a fairytale, she enjoyed nature, and how it grew with everything around it.
She was just 17 when she met Charlie in 1982, who was graduating high school and getting prepared to head into the police academy.
She travelled from Edinburgh, Scotland, to forks, Washington. She in her words 'wanted to live a fun, precarious lifestyle, like the river.' She adored the forks weather and often said it reminded her of home. When Charlie bumped into her at his favourite diner it was love at first sight. He hadn't expected her to take over his life, like a storm. He welcomed the fresh taste of freedom the relationship with her brought him. She had shown him how to truly live, to take each day as though tomorrow would slip away. Trust in life to take you wherever possible, if you just let it. She was audacious too, she took bold risks willingly, not out of stupidity but out of love for her life.
Charlie wasn't quite so willing to take on that particular trait, he preferred to live steady, free sure but steady. He didn't want to rush he wanted to experience life at a pace that he could breathe. While others judged him for it, she embraced it and told him to do the same. She understood that not everyone would want to follow in her footsteps, but that it was up to them to create their own.
After three months of dating each other, the then 18-year-old Alana fell pregnant and Charlie in his mind had a duty, so he decided to ask her to marry him. He had honestly half expected her to say no but she had told him that their paths had crossed for a reason. He was also concerned that she would grow to resent him for making her settle when he knew how much she wanted to travel and see the seven wonders of the world, she promised that he was her seven wonders, he had given her a child, blessed her with a precious gift that she could never grow to resent him for.

She kept her promise, and they married in a small ceremony in the forest, and only close friends and family from Charlie's side were in attendance, and Alana's family refused to show. Charlie's father Geoffrey a gentle and kind man was asked by Alana to walk her down the aisle, to no surprise at all and with not a single dry eye in the room he agreed.
Charlie brought a house close to his parents after the wedding, he and Alana abruptly moved in and began adding their own touch, well Alana did mostly Charlie stood nodding along. They never grew tired of each other or their situation, Alana believed that fate had brought them together therefore only fate could tear them apart. She kept all the original floors of the house along with the matching cherry wood skirting, she added different fabrics and accessories to bring life into the interior.

The nursery was an all-neutral shade of stone, she didn't want white because it was far too clean, therefore they settled on a more rustic shade. The cot was handmade by Charlie and his father, it was a dark walnut with rounded edges. Alana was concerned about sharp corners and had effectively baby-proofed the entire house.
Charlie allowed her this, he knew how much she loved their baby already, she wanted to be the perfect mother and she would've been Charlie was so sure of that.

His wife didn't want to know the sex of their baby and he agreed, their child came as a surprise and they wanted to continue to feel that. They explored many different names that would work for both a boy and a girl. They both eventually fall in love with the name Rowen darcy swan. Alana loved Jane Austen and Mr darcy though dark and mysterious was one of her favourite characters. Alana was full of life of course but she was also very intimidating, she wasn't a pushover nor a doormat and she let everyone know, much like Mr darcy she was proud but sensual.