Chapter 4 // consequences.

-I don't know what's worse: to now know what you are and be happy, or to become what you've always wanted to be and feel alone.-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January 11th, 2006

The swan's residence.
Forks, Washington.
Rowens pov

I swung my sister's door open, the stench that emitted from her room had my hand covering my nose for a moment to collect myself.

I had spent all morning reorganising my own room taking age-old posters down and replacing them with more modern art. I kept the same paint and rug but decided to add some different fabric touches like throws and pillows. Of course, I had to add some plants and vases to bring the room together.
It wasn't exactly perfect there were some items I needed to get from town but all in all, it felt much more sophisticated and mature.

My sister's room however resembled a junkyard... not to mention the overwhelming smell of death that wafted through and hit me in the face.

Breathing through my mouth to avoid the smell I took in the sight that was my sister.
She was frail, a shell of who she was her clothes hung off her in a morbid reminder that she refuses to eat, and confinement to her room had left her with her thoughts for months trapping her in a carousel of painfully dark memories. She had missed Christmas, birthdays and other events that had passed without her so much as exiting her pit.

"Bella...the smell in this room is inhuman."

My voice did nothing to stray her from her position in the chair in front of her window, where she had sat for most days, but the attitude that emitted from me was utterly out of my control.

I strode to stand in front of her, squatting down so that I could see her eyes... they were dull, empty... Edward had truly broken her. I know Bella wasn't the most forward-outspoken person there was but she wasn't like this... he had destroyed her.

"I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling Bella but this is not healthy, this isn't what you should be doing in order to heal... Isabella listen to me... as your sister, I'm warning you that if you continue to put dad through this I will personally ship you off to whatever state your mother and her husband are in. Do I make myself clear?"

At the mention of her mother, her eyes trailed to mine I assumed she had hoped Edward would come back to forks to sweep her off her feet, whispering sweet nothings in her ear... being sent to live with her mom would turn that hope into nothing.

"Fine."

She muttered her posture the same as it once was and I had a snarky suspicion that she didn't listen to a word I said.

I shook my head and decided that I'd let dad deal with her, apparently, my threats meant little to Bella. Standing up I turned to leave, I had a few errands I needed to run in town and I was already short on time. I had no choice but to result to daytime naps on my days off, instead of hoping to sleep at night.

I took one more look at my sibling knowing that something drastic had to happen to snap her out of this state.

*time skip*

I shut the boot of my car after placing the last few groceries away, the day had quickly begun to turn to night and I found myself in a hurry to get home. A shadow along the tree line caught my attention, a human figure around 6 feet tall seemed to be watching me sending chills down my spine.

Understandably I was a 22-year-old female, alone regardless of my own paranoia I had an inkling that the figure was just my imagination because as quickly as the sight had stopped me in my tracks had it disappeared.