Chapter 4

I banged my fist on my pillow for the fourth time and Axel who was sitting at the edge of my bed flinched again.

"Why did I get picked", I groaned burying my head down in my pillows again.

"Lexi for the last time that ain't a bad thing", Axel said sighing.

"It's bad, you saw Camila's reaction", I said lifting my head up again.

"I know, but she'll get over it", he said laying down next to me.

I turned on to my back like Axel and took out my phone. There were many messages from Stella and Addison. I opened Stella's first and scrolled through something like thirty messages until landed on the last message, "I'm coming to meet u".

It was send just ten minutes ago which means she would be here any minute. I wasn't in the mood to talk to her or anyone actually so I turned to Axel and said, "If Stella comes around tell her I'm taking a nap".

I then closed my eyes and turned to my side facing away from Axel. He muttered an "ok" and I fell asleep.

.

.

.

The first thing I did when I woke up was take out my phone and call Camila. The call immediately went to voice mail and I tried calling her another ten times but it was the same. Finally I decided to leave a voice mail.

"Hey Camila", I spoke, "It's me Lexi and I still don't understand why you're mad at me. I didn't do anything wrong. Being chosen for the model isn't my fault. Even you know that I didn't think much of it. So why are you hating on me, it makes no sense. And when you finally come to your senses call me girl", I ended it and pressed send.

I sighed and put down my phone. I know what would make me feel better, Netflix and ice-cream. I went downstairs and grabbed the entire container of cookie-dough ice-cream and went up to my room. I grabbed my laptop and decided to watch Squid Games. I turned on my laptop and saw that I had received an email. From Teen Life. I clicked on it sighing and read it.

It read;

Hello Lexi Matthew, welcome to the world of modelling. We've come to our decision and like we announced in our Instagram page we picked you to be our teen model out of hundreds of girls. You have unique style, not quite like the other girls that auditioned. We liked the fact that you didn't try to hard to dress up and how you seemed laid back through out the audition. This is the exact type of girl we, Teen Life, has been looking for. We're really excited to work with you so how about meeting tomorrow at Starbucks around 6.00pm sound? Please let us know asap and we would also like to meet your parents tomorrow to discuss the matter and since we need their permission to move forward. Have a nice day!

"Nice day my foot", I scoffed after reading the email.

And now I gotta tell my parents too? Shit. I guess I have to wait till they get back from work. I forgot about all my worries once I started watching Squid Games which was a relief.

The first thing I did when I heard the front door opening was running down the stairs. It was Mom she smiled at me, "Hi Lexi, how was your day?".

"Terrible", I said and explained everything.

"You got to be a model of America's biggest teen magazine and you're calling it terrible", she said looking surprised.

"I'm talking 'bout Camila", I said sitting down on the couch.

Mom sat next to me and rested her hand on my knee, "Honey just because Camila's upset that she didn't get to be the model doesn't mean you have to give it up".