Chapter 1: The Take Over

–Notes–

I do not own My Hero Academia (MHA) characters or franchises. Those rights belong solely to Kōhei Horikoshi. English dubs belong rightfully to Funimation and animations to Studio Bones.

Everyone is 20 in this AU.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"What did he just say?"

"Did I hear him right?"

"Surely he cannot mean that."

"How can this be?!"

You were standing in front of Prince Shoto, the prince of Stark Kingdom, in a silver-blue ballgown. It matched the silver-blue suit he wore for this ceremony. You glanced over to Ida, Ochako, and Midoriya who were standing off on the sidelines. They were supposed to be backup guards to make sure Shoto's coming-of-age ceremony went smoothly. They all had puzzled looks on their faces. Confused as you were. Ochako had a worried look in her eyes and it made you turn back to Shoto. "Shoto, I don't understand." You looked over his shoulder to your father. He was in dark blue armor and stood by King Enji and Queen Rei. Looking at you with concern and his gaze fell on Shoto who you also looked back at. "It seems I didn't make myself clear enough." Shoto stared down at you with such anger. A way he has never looked at you before. His tone was cold and harsh. "Our engagement is off." He turned his back to you and looked at you over his shoulder "And it is Prince Shoto." he instigated to you how you should have properly addressed him. He stomped away from you. . You watched his back as your best friend walked away from you. You were mostly in disbelief from his words about the way he told you to address him than the engagement being annulled. 'But . . . You were the one who told me to never address you like that . . . How can you forget that . . .?' You saw something pulsate on the back of his neck. You only caught a glance before Shoto turned. Something about that made an unsettling feeling in the pit of your stomach. Making you uneasy and have a gut feeling something was amiss.

Shoto shoved his siblings, Prince Natsuo and Princess Fuyumi, off to the side and out of his way when they tried to confront him. King Enji stood up from his throne with Queen Rei following him. Apologizing to your father for her son's actions. "What is the meaning of this Shoto?!" He beamed. Shoto ignored him. Enji clenched his fist "ANSWER ME SHOTO!!!" His powerful voice made you flinch. It also finally made Shoto stop at the bottom of the ballroom stairs. He turned halfway back to the guests and met his father's fury of a gaze. "I am in love with someone else." He nonchalantly states. Making the entire ballroom's guests stir in chatter and gasp at this shocking statement from their nation's prince. "Another woman?! How could he do that too (Y/n)?!" Ida was livid at this news. Wanting to give a good talking to Shoto about this affair betrayal. Midoriya had to force Ida to stay back before he did something he would later regret. Shoto turned his focus back on the stairs to a blonde twin-bunned woman in a black mermaid dress come down the stairs with a smile on her face. She took Shoto's hand that he stretched out for her to take.

You felt a hand on your shoulder. You turn to see it was your father. His thumb rubbed your shoulder in comfort. You placed a hand on his and gave him a quick smile to assure him you were alright. To ease his worry about you. Neither of you needed to exchange any words to know the other's feelings. These simple gestures were enough. This mysterious woman hugged his arm with a giggle. "Son, who is this woman?" Queen Rei asked her son when she approached him with the king, prince, and princess right behind her. Wanting to face Shoto themselves. The woman leaned her head on Shoto's arm "I am Himiko Toga," She grins "And we're taking over this entire nation." Her sinister words made King Enji scoff and break into a hard laugh. Finding Toga's proclamation humorous and hysterical. "How dare you state such things in the presence of the royal family." he turned to his emotionless son "And how dare you, my son, go along with committing such a crime." He extended his arm "Take these traitors to the dungeon!" Enji expanded his arms out to the side to declare this order. "Enji! He is our son! You can't!" Queen Rei begged. Queen Rei places a hand on King Enji's arm to calm him down. Prince Natsuo and Princess Fuyumi also were begging the king to not send his son to their dungeons.