Chapter 3: Rain

–Notes–

I do not own My Hero Academia (MHA) characters or franchises. Those rights belong solely to Kōhei Horikoshi. English dubs belong rightfully to Funimation and animations to Studio Bones.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Since the fall of the once esteemed Stark Kingdom, a day ago (the same day as the last chapter), Bakugo has set up camp in this cave.

Bakugo was sitting on the floor with one knee up. Glancing up from the fireplace he had made for warmth to look at his bedridden companions. Both of you and Kirishima had a bag under your heads as a pillow. 'I gave that chick a healing potion. Her head wound was healed. She should be waking up soon.' You were snuggled under one of Bakugo's blankets 'But,' Bakugo glanced over at Kirishima 'His condition has gotten worse.' Kirishima had Bakugo's red cloak around him. He was twitching in his sleep. Grunts and groans of pain were heard a bit from the sleeping shapeshifter. The prince was confused about why his cloak wasn't working for Kirishima's wound. He even had given him a healing potion vile to try to speed up his recovery. Yet neither of those items was doing anything. His healing potions were the best ones on the market. Ones only high nobles and royalty can snag their grubby hands on. Bakugo couldn't go into a town or village near either because of the Rouge Clan's takeover. Many people would give up his whereabouts to save themselves from their wrath. To survive in this overthrown nation.

The rain wasn't letting up either.

The rain was one of his weaknesses for this prince. It reduced his quirk magic's strength, not being able to defend or fight at his full potential. He had his strong badass sword but he didn't want to risk breaking his sword, his trump card. Mostly . . . He was afraid to leave and either one of you for too long because of the possibility of you both dying on him . . . Just like — Bakugo shook his head. Trying to avoid thinking back on that guy from the bridge. Bakugo looked back over to you and took out the items he had in his pocket. 'A communication device. A small variety of these is usually given to the highest-ranked knight(s). Its color alone is obviously of the Sapphire nations so I am left with 2 guesses. One, she is actually of this nation. Or two, she stole this from the highest-ranked knight of the Stark Kingdom . . . Sapphire nation only had 1 high ranked knight but he is a formidable foe . . . How and why she has it in the first place is the bigger mystery.' Bakugo put the marble back in his pocket and held up the clam locket 'Then there is this thing . . . It already looks sketchy as hell from its mat color . . .' He stared at it for a bit before he tried to open it. Only . . . He couldn't.

He tried opening it with all the strength he could muster.

He tried using his explosion quirk magic on it.

He tried stomping on it.

He tried prying it open with his sword at its small size.

He tried even with his sword's claymore form to slice it open.

The locket didn't budge or even get nicked by any one of his attempts.